What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Smith: Take a bow

Parra Guru

Coach
Cooper is just as good in defence.

Ben's hatty against the Dragons in 05 will remain on the memory for ages. One of my favourite games!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Avenger said:
He is without a doubt only number 2 to Matt Cooper as the best defensive centre in the game. He appears to be getting back to his 2005 form. He is very important to our side and is a steadying influence on the makeup of our backline. His attack is also on the improve.

Ben Smith, take a bow.

:thumb :clap: :thumb

gosh avenger, why don't you just marry him :lol:

nah i agree, his defense inside Eric Grothe is the reason we are doing so well. he is the solid defender of the lot of them. he loves coming in and putting the big monster tackle on this year doesn't he? he's so big he can just wrap up an opposing centre and bear hug them to the ground!

i would dearly love to see him get to his 2005 form, would i be right in saying that extra bulk may have lead to his slower speed? (as well as the injuries from last season)

Benny and Wags - defence - :ls:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
carson said:
If you are playing inside grothe you have to be the best defensive centre in the game.

here here!! thats why they make such a great couple!

Benric!

hybrideel

Bench
i gave him heaps after the roosters trial but he has really stepped up and proved me wrong. it's good to see him back in form. little bit more in attack and we'll be sweet

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont see whats so special about matt cooper? is it his chisled body and good looks?
i mean i dont really rate him up there... not saying ben is better... but whats with the hype of cooper always in line for SOO and AUS

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Did you see him run for the line the other night when he scored...he's funny :lol:

he's scored a few tries but they've all been from Timmy's kickes

I dont think I've seen him make a line break this year

when he picks up in that area, he'll be rep material imo

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd have to agree, if Benny's not the best defensive centre in the game he's damn close. I'd love to see him hit the line with pace with the ball in his hand. Because he is one big unit, and could be very damaging.