What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o - Official

Zigwaa

Bench
Good signing. Hopefully we didn't pay over for him.

I hope this doesn't mean we can't retain Taylor if he gets out of his Titans deal.

I hope this doesn't mean we can't retain Taylor if he gets out of his Titans deal.

depends on who you have off contract.

id boot asotasi and crocker. they would be on big money and are getting on.

infact. roy never plays.

iainlevy

Juniors
Great signing. Happy to have him in the red and green.

however, his past highlights what is wrong with representative football.
"In September 2007, he was called into the New Zealand Kiwis train-on squad with several other Wests Tigers players but was not selected for the tour of Great Britain.[3][4]
Te'o was named in the Samoa squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.[5] He was overlooked for the first two Samoa matches, however Te'o made his international debut on 9 November at CUA Stadium against France, scoring two tries.[6]
In 2010, Te'o pledged his allegiance to the Australia and the Queensland Maroons being named as the 18th man for Game 1."

He was named in the NZ side, then played for Samoa and then pledged allegience to Australia. How can that even work???

You poor bastards.

You had better be dominant in every game or he'll be as useful as Roy Bell's goal-line defense.

He's the only bloke I've ever seen just give up during a game.

You poor bastards.

You had better be dominant in every game or he'll be as useful as Roy Bell's goal-line defense.

He's the only bloke I've ever seen just give up during a game.

You obviously haven't watched too many Parra games this year then... Perhaps you should rephrase to "he's the only Tigers player I've ever seen just give up during a game." To be safe.

Good signing and imho I think he will be playing prop for us at some point. I also don't believe his signing will have antthing to do with whether or not we retain Dave Taylor.

If I'm honest I reckon we will eject the likes of Pettybourne or Ben Lowe to make room for Teo.

However, with the types of rumblings I'm hearing around the traps, I wouldn't be surprised if an Asotasi or Crocker is not retained.

Remember kiddies, we only have to find room for Dave Taylor's upgrade under the cap. His actual current salary is already there. I'm sure the extra cap space for next year will help immensely.

Brisbane Broncos Locked In A Battle To Retain Te'o With Rabbitohs And Bulldogs Showing Interest

Peter Badel, Chris Garry, Todd Balym
The Courier-Mail
May 02, 2012 12:00AM

THE Broncos are fighting grimly to hold on to Ben Te'o, with South Sydney and the Bulldogs emerging as major threats in the race to sign the hard-hitting utility.

Brisbane operations chief Andrew Gee said last night the club was desperate to retain the off-contract Te'o, but conceded the Broncos could be trumped by more lucrative offers from potential suitors due to salary-cap constraints.

Speculation sweeping league circles suggests the Rabbitohs are front-runners, with the Redfern outfit viewing Maroons Origin hopeful Te'o as a readymade replacement for Test forward Dave Taylor, who has verbally agreed to a four-year deal with the Titans.

The Broncos are also facing a challenge from the Bulldogs, who are understood to have done background checks on Te'o to ascertain whether he would be a good fit for the new regime under coach Des Hasler.

Te'o, who returns from a two-match ban against the Warriors on Saturday night, and veteran prop Petero Civoniceva are the only top-line Broncos without contracts for 2013 after Gerard Beale signed with the Dragons a fortnight ago.

The Broncos have been in delicate negotiations with Te'o's management for the past few months and Gee said the club was doing everything possible to keep the 25-year-old.

"He has indicated he wants to stay, but it's tough," Gee said.

"It is never easy with the salary cap and the reality is you can't keep everyone.

"Our negotiations with Ben have gone slowly but our focus is on keeping the guys we have here."

Te'o's manager Isaac Moses declined to comment last night, but the Broncos utility said a fortnight ago there was a possibility he could be squeezed out by salary-cap pressures.

"I'm hoping the club can find a way to keep me," Te'o said at the time.

"I love Brisbane, I love the club and the boys here, I've become very close to a lot of people here."

Yesterday morning, a pragmatic Broncos coach Anthony Griffin said while he hoped to re-sign Teo, he was not confident.

"I'm not confident with any of them. It's life - it's the salary cap," Griffin said.

Te'o was yesterday named to make his comeback against an improving Warriors outfit this Saturday after serving his ban for the shoulder charge which knocked out Wests Tigers forward Matthew Groat in round 6.

Griffin said he did not not need to lecture Te'o about getting rid of the shoulder charge.

"I would say the process he has been through and having to sit some time out, he might correct that himself," Griffin said.

Given the representative bye weekend has also fallen since that April 6 encounter, Te'o has gone a full month without football.

"His form was pretty good up until then (the suspension), he played five or six games and was going OK," Griffin said.

Despite the Warriors having only won three games, Griffin has his team on high alert after watching last year's grand finalists run in eight tries against South Sydney at home two weeks ago.

Griffin is still having nightmares of the 70m solo try scored by halfback Shaun Johnson in last year's epic 21-20 win by the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium in round 22.

"Those couple of tries he scored against us last year obviously leave a lasting real big imprint in your brain about how good he is," Griffin said.

"They're a serious football team and have been building up for a few years now."

Source

DC_fan

Coach
At 189cm 106kg he has some size about him. Though not in Dave Taylors league. Different style of player to the coal train too.

He will be 26 comes the start of next season. Thats not old, but he is older then I thought.

We need some new young blood in the forwards. Hopefully he wont be the last signing.

At 189cm 106kg he has some size about him. Though not in Dave Taylors league. Different style of player to the coal train too.

He will be 26 comes the start of next season. Thats not old, but he is older then I thought.

We need some new young blood in the forwards. Hopefully he wont be the last signing.

Need a couple of props and a centre asap.

You obviously haven't watched too many Parra games this year then... Perhaps you should rephrase to "he's the only Tigers player I've ever seen just give up during a game." To be safe.

Good signing and imho I think he will be playing prop for us at some point. I also don't believe his signing will have antthing to do with whether or not we retain Dave Taylor.

If I'm honest I reckon we will eject the likes of Pettybourne or Ben Lowe to make room for Teo.

However, with the types of rumblings I'm hearing around the traps, I wouldn't be surprised if an Asotasi or Crocker is not retained.

Remember kiddies, we only have to find room for Dave Taylor's upgrade under the cap. His actual current salary is already there. I'm sure the extra cap space for next year will help immensely.

Nah, Parra are crap at the moment but no one is just stopping to allow others to do the work because he feels he's above that tackling and hit-up stuff. the bloke thinks he's Puig Aubert.

Corey Payne had the right idea about Te'o and sat him on his arse at training. Te'o's reaction was to leave the club, thankfully.

He'll do it again. He's doing it at the Donkeys, he did it with us and he'll do it with you. Mark my words, when the going gets tough, he'll hide.

I'm not saying this to convince anyone of anything, you'll find out the hard way. I wanted the bloke to piss off to Union or AFL...

Latest posts