What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall Assaulted

Morenito

Juniors
simon says said:
You are a dead set farkwit....really.

Are you the full quid.I cant believe the gibber that comes up after your name.....are you a heavy drinker?????A little short on chromosones???Missing a strand or 20 of DNA?????

There is something amiss with you webtard.

Get over it

aqua_duck

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
Knew i'd get a bite from you if i put that in, just knew it. Rest of my post was fair dinkum but couldn't help bait you.

In saying, explain why i'm wrong. You'd happily bag Lockyer or Covell when both are better defenders then benji.
Lol i don't think Lockyer is a better defender than anyone.

Well seing Marshell in the Boulavarde in Enfield one day looking at himself in the reflection it wouldnt surprise me if he was doing that again and some smart arse said something then he said something back then wack.
But you got to be a wimp if you think you can pick on someone with a fractured cheekbone i must say

KFC

Juniors
Benji is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet but when he wants to he can be a real smart ar$e.

Obviously some yokel didn't appreciate Benjis sense of humour.

I hope he's ok.

RABK

Referee
KFC said:
Benji is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet but when he wants to he can be a real smart ar$e.

Obviously some yokel didn't appreciate Benjis sense of humour.

I hope he's ok.

Could quite easily be a local looking to make a name for himself though. Either way we will probably never know.

KFC

Juniors
FFS one of the most exciting players in our game has been assaulted.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves for the rubbish you've posted.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
Yeah....ill just look for the gibbering toothless git that looks like he lives in a trailer with a red and blue beanie on......that should narrow it down to about 20k fans.

:lol: true

Benji is a top class talent, obviously not much of a bluer and good on him for that. Hope he is alright, this tit that went at him is probably from the same gene pool of the clown that tried to crash tackle Mal Meninga a year or so back :lol:

RABK

Referee
KFC said:
FFS one of the most exciting players in our game has been assaulted.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves for the rubbish you've posted.

SOurce that he was assualted?

For all you know Benji has thrown a dozen at a bloke who has in returned layed him out.

But i agree, enough sh*t and let's hope he's alright. The two tiems i've met him he's come across as a very cool customer so i doubt he'd provoke a fight.

Eddie.

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
SOurce that he was assualted?

For all you know Benji has thrown a dozen at a bloke who has in returned layed him out.

But i agree, enough sh*t and let's hope he's alright. The two tiems i've met him he's come across as a very cool customer so i doubt he'd provoke a fight.

For all you know Brian Carney could of thrown a dozen in a manly pub last night??

You were quick to defend him.

Eddie.

Bench
Benji bashed in pub brawl
Exclusive by Dean Ritchie
March 15, 2006

INJURED Wests Tigers superstar Benji Marshall was punched in the head and knocked to the ground in an early morning assault at a NSW North Coast hotel yesterday.

Marshall, who is recovering from a fractured cheekbone, was in the Greenhouse Tavern at Coffs Harbour after watching his brother play in the NSW touch football titles. Marshall did not suffer any injuries.

Two eyewitnesses last night told The Daily Telegraph the incident happened shortly after midnight. "This guy came over and hit Benji in the face," said one of the onlookers.

"He's then ducked for cover but the bloke kept coming and hit him again with a couple of uppercuts. It happened right near the bar.

"People then jumped in. Someone had to help Benji up off the ground.

"The other guy then took off before the security guys came over."

The second witness said: "About six punches were thrown all by the one guy. Benji didn't throw one."

The Daily Telegraph understands Marshall had been talking to a female patron moments before the drama started.

The Wests Tigers initiated an investigation with Marshall and his manager Martin Tauber after being told of the incident by The Daily Telegraph.

Advertisement:
After speaking to Marshall, chief executive Steve Noyce confirmed an incident had taken place but denied his star player had been struck in the face.
This contradicts the eye-witness versions from the two patrons.

Noyce has been told a man was evicted from the pub after the fight.

"Benji was given permission to go and watch his younger brother play in Coffs Harbour," he said.

"He was asked to attend the after-match function and wanted to do the right thing so he agreed. During the course of the evening someone was evicted from the function.

"That person thought Benji had played a role in the eviction.

"That was incorrect.

"An incident followed.

"Benji was not hurt or assaulted.

"This is an unfortunate reminder for Benji that with his popularity, even if he has done nothing wrong, people will still look to point the finger."

Noyce said it was "unfair" to claim Marshall should not have been in a pub three days after fracturing his cheekbone.

Greenhouse Tavern owner Anthony Haslam denied any fight occurred.

"There might have been a jealously carry-on thing with a girl tossing ice cubes (at Marshall)," Haslam said.

"He wasn't involved in any fight at all."

Marshall's manager Martin Tauber added: "The bloke took a swing at Benji. Benji said he wasn't stupid enough to retaliate."

The Daily Telegraph

RABK

Referee
I didn't defend Carney at any stage.

As i said, it looks like Benji is innocent in this incident.

Balmain_Boy

The bloke is all class. I'm pretty confident that he'll come through this clean. Hopefully he isn't hurt. I don't know about others, but I love watching Benji play, the same as I love(d?) watching Williams play. It'd be a great shame if he is forced out for any longer.

Balmain_Boy

INJURED Wests Tigers superstar Benji Marshall was punched in the head and knocked to the ground in an early morning assault at a NSW North Coast hotel yesterday.

Anyone know when this actually happened? Was it like nearly 24 hours ago? Or did it just happen in the last 3 hours? If it's the latter are tele beating it up or what?

madison

Juniors
So are they saying it happened at the Greenhouse? I come from Coffs and the Greenhouse usually closes at midnight. It wouldn't suprise me if it happened outside the Greenhouse, you never know who is roaming around that park beach area!

Morenito

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Anyone know when this actually happened? Was it like nearly 24 hours ago? Or did it just happen in the last 3 hours? If it's the latter are tele beating it up or what?

Yeah Midnight 24 hours ago.. Surprised it didnt come out earlier