What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall at Fulltime

yep a deadset champion act,good on ya Benji,pity there is not a lot more of this sportsmanship in the world today

a quick story for you all along similar lines,back when i was a young bloke in the mid seventies Manly were playing Wests at Brooky Oval,and Terry Randall and John Donnelly tried to rip each others heads off all day long.

at the end of the match i went around to the back of the grandstand to get my footy cards signed by the players,and there was Randall and Donnelly standing toe to toe belting each other.

i went home and Mum and Dad took me down to the Manly Leagues Club for Dinner and also to meet the players,and guess what i saw.....Terry Randall and John Donnelly,sitting at the bar together drinking schooners and taking the piss out of each other and laughing like they had been mates for years.

that is the night that dad taught me about being a good sports,and once you have sorted your problems out,put your hand out to the other bloke,and if he shakes it ,buy him a beer

you are a deadset champion Benji

atomic_crimson

Juniors
benji is a class act.... last year i went to see the dogs in the GF and walking to my seat i bumped into marshall and hunt.... benji stopped to chat with us and get a photo whilst hunt just looked at us and stormed off.... really nice guy!

woodgers

Bench
Yep, I was sitting behind the posts and Marshall left his team and went to thank all the Cowboys for the game. Some of them he even helped to their feet and hugged them.

I hope the kids around me saw it, a rare act of true sportsmanship.

half

Coach
and after hugging the cowboys players, he went over to tim sheens who gave him a shmackos. good benji

Hari Kari

Juniors
can I join in the Benji Circle Jerk? thanks.

yeah Benji is so awesome and such a good sport he's going to be the new face of the NRL.

An41

Juniors
conso_gallery__470x371.jpg

RABK

Referee
Truly inspiring stuff, what a respectful head on his shoulders for a 20 year old. :clap:

Nugby

Juniors
Yeah, I was about to post that pic having seen it on smh. An awesome shot that I would have loved to have taken.

Knightmare

Coach
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
yep a deadset champion act,good on ya Benji,pity there is not a lot more of this sportsmanship in the world today

a quick story for you all along similar lines,back when i was a young bloke in the mid seventies Manly were playing Wests at Brooky Oval,and Terry Randall and John Donnelly tried to rip each others heads off all day long.

at the end of the match i went around to the back of the grandstand to get my footy cards signed by the players,and there was Randall and Donnelly standing toe to toe belting each other.

i went home and Mum and Dad took me down to the Manly Leagues Club for Dinner and also to meet the players,and guess what i saw.....Terry Randall and John Donnelly,sitting at the bar together drinking schooners and taking the piss out of each other and laughing like they had been mates for years.

that is the night that dad taught me about being a good sports,and once you have sorted your problems out,put your hand out to the other bloke,and if he shakes it ,buy him a beer

you are a deadset champion Benji

:LOL: Sounds like something out of 'Fight Club'. Benji is a great advertisement for the game of Rugby League. The trolls can write what they like, but as long as there are players like Benji playing then the game is in good hands. I also remember after St George lost the '99 Grand Final, one Dragons player bothered to go and shake the hands of the Melbourne players. Can't remember who it was, but that takes big balls.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Great player who has a massive career ahead of him if he can stay healthy. Benji plays the game with the spirit it should be played and shows a great level of maturity for someone his age.

Dogaholic

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
While all the Tigers players were celebrating. He walked down to the all the cowboys players sitting beneath the posts (I was sitting right behind the posts) and hugged every single one of teh cowboys players..

He is a class act.

Homo! cheap grabs