What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall is coming back to the NRL.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/b...to-return-to-nrl/story-e6frf4pu-1226891303136

BENJI Marshall’s rugby experiment has finished after just two months, with the former league star requesting an immediate release from the Auckland Blues as he seeks a return to the NRL.

Marshall’s manager Martin Tauber confirmed that his client had requested the release, and will now speak to NRL clubs interested in his services.
“It just hasn’t worked out, it is disappointing,” Tauber said.
“He’s not had the game-time he’d like.
“This has all happened over the last 36 hours.”

NZ VIEW: BENJI’S NOT A GREAT ATHLETE
BRENDAN CANNON: GIVE IT UP, BENJI Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Asked if Marshall would be moving back to Sydney with his wife, Tauber said: “We have not spoken to any NRL clubs.
“It might be Queensland or it might be NSW, it depends who is interested in him.”
But Tauber said Marshall would not be going to the English Super League.

377761-99563204-c921-11e3-9484-00a97bf135c7.jpg

Benji Marshall wants back in the NRL. Source: News Limited

Marshall made the high-profile switch to union at the end of last year after an unhappy end at the Wests Tigers.
The former league Golden Boot had ambitions of making the All Blacks but has been used sparingly off the bench by Blues coach John Kirwan and has failed to impress.
It’s understood Marshall was going to be dropped out of the top squad altogether and made to play in the Blues’ development team, sparking his request from the release of a two-year contract.

And to think Benji thought he was a realistic chance of being an All Black............

The game has moved on pretty quickly without him.

axl rose

Bench
Will fit right in with Ashyford, Heighington and Beau at the Sharks. Will be a close club off the field. As for winning games, not so good.

nick87

Coach
What about the Storm?
Currently have Ben Roberts playing in the halves.

Not sure he'd fit in with their structure and i very much doubt they'd be interested but it'd be interesting

thorson1987

Coach
What about the Storm?
Currently have Ben Roberts playing in the halves.

Not sure he'd fit in with their structure and i very much doubt they'd be interested but it'd be interesting

No thanks.

I'd rather Roberts over Bunji.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Doesn't like being told the truth does he.

I pray for NZs sake they don't sign him. Imagine Johnson & Marshall as your halves. I shudder at the thought.

He would be nuts if he asks for top dollar. He's stupid experiment really devalued himself. Can't wait to see the next video on which jersey he wears next.

The Eagle

Juniors
So he couldnt cut it in an inferior game and thinks he'd go alright in the best competition in the world? Wut?

Danish

Referee
What NRL club would honestly want him? I can't think of a single club that requires his services.

Best start packing your bags for merry old England, Benji. Or more likely start boning up on your japanese.

thorson1987

Coach
Doesn't like being told the truth does he.

I pray for NZs sake they don't sign him. Imagine Johnson & Marshall as your halves. I shudder at the thought.

This.

Someone actually has the balls to drop him, and he chucks a hissy fit.

Go back to reggies (or whatever the f**k it is) and earn your spot in the squad.