What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

benji not resigned

angeman

Juniors
in todays telegraph the rumour is Benji has not resigned and is not looking to commit his future to the club. apparently he is looking to return to queensland. admittedly he is on very little money but i wonder whether loyalty means anything anymore.

tracietiga

Juniors
LOYALTY .LOL
What does benji owe the wests tigers at this stage ?
we picked him up from keebra park high , its not like he was a balmain junior from the day dot .
We never gave him the skills he has .
IF the Wests Tigers want him they should get off their asses and pay him what he is worth , not pussy foot around hoping they can snare him on a 50 dollar contract .
Benji makes this club millions just by being here , let alone what he will offer on the paddock .

Tigerpete

Juniors
I think its important to remember that with a player of Benji's calibre, rumours are inevitable there'll be rumours linking him everywhere, at the end of the day i wont believe one of them until i hear it from the mouth of Benji himself or Steve Noyce.

Steve Roach said on air yesterday he had resigned. Also take into account the integirty of the author in todays telegraph..Her name..Rebecca Wilson..enough said IMO

Tigerpete

Juniors
haha yeah, i did hear blocker say that but im not sure how much Blocker knows, i got a feeling he may've meant Benji was under contract for next season???

ozcrusader

Bench
Noyce was on 2gb and he said that Benji has not resigned.

This is very worrying.

I think that if we had made the finals this year he wouldve stayed. But I cant blame a young superstar for wanting to play for a top tier side.

Noyce should go all out and make sure he resigns - he is our franchise player and they dont grow on trees!

innsaneink

Referee
goangod said:
Noyce was on 2gb and he said that Benji has not resigned.

This is very worrying.

I think that if we had made the finals this year he wouldve stayed. But I cant blame a young superstar for wanting to play for a top tier side.

Noyce should go all out and make sure he resigns - he is our franchise player and they dont grow on trees!

I thought he was under contract until '05

DO YOU MEAN nOYCE SAID HE HASNT EXTENDED HIS CONTRACT PAST '05

or do you think he meant hes not signed for '05 yet?

Davester

Juniors
I think his contract ends next year...but I think the tigers want to extend his contract for longer to avoid any hassles in 2005

Mighty Tiger

Bench
tigerdan said:
settle im sure benji wants to stay a tiger us much as we want him to be a tiger

If he did he would of resigned by now because we have made him a very good offer - he has heard a whisper from somewhere that suggests other wise and the club is really pissed off about it, nothing they can do of course but I do hope he resigns before next year otherwise I don't like our chances of him staying around past 2005 even with all the Kiwis we have!

Stellar

Juniors
He might do an El-Masri and claim that hes had huge offers from other clubs just so he can get a bigger contract

Wrighty79

Juniors
Would the Gold Coast rumour have any impact? Does he even see the Gold Coast as his home? Where's Lydz when you need her!!!!!

Suzie

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
Would the Gold Coast rumour have any impact? Does he even see the Gold Coast as his home? Where's Lydz when you need her!!!!!
Probably waiting for the official website to be back up and running :roll: as if that's going to happen any time soon :x It would be good if she did pop in here and let us know what's going on with Benji, because no-one from WT seems to give a toss about keeping fans informed about their team :evil:

Kill_Bill

Juniors
Is it any wonder why he hasn't resigned.....
Our board is useless and have been since we merged.
We got 10 million to merge and that was pis sed away and we can't attract any quality players to the club.... i mean why would he stay when he could go to the Roosters or Broncos and play with a great team?

Every player wants to play finals footy and we haven't since 1990... How embarrasing....

Tigerpete

Juniors
Relax guys. Benji's manager hasnt been around lately so talks are only at an early stage. I think we can rest assured that the Tigers will do everything they can to keep hold of him. any specualtion linking hime anywhere else at the moment is just that.......speculation.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Is it true that Benji is only on $35,000 for 2005, and asked for an upgrade and the Tigers said no??

If so, thats not the sort of thing that will foster loyalty for 2006......

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont think thats entirely true, i would say that his contract would be about right but i dont think the Tigers would've flatly denied an upgrade, that would be absurd.