What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji or BURN

Kill_Bill

Juniors
If we don't sign Benji to a lucrative long term deal i will burn the club down and hold Noyce, Lavers and sheens personally responsible, and torture them to a miserable, painful death.

Who's joining me?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Burn the club down hey hmmmm I think it would take you a while to find a Wests Tigers club to be able to burn down :lol: :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Haha yeah, good luck finding it. Seriously though, put it this way, IF benji was to leave it wont be without a big effort by the club, at the end of the day the decison is Benji and the club can only do so much.

Eddie.

Bench
If would be incompetance of the highest order if he goes.

He is good for so many other things besides on field performance

Pay him what hes worth and he will stay.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i understand your reasons but at the end of the day Benji could leave even though we offered him a better deal, thats how it could go? Still we need to give him a reason to stay here and im confident well find one.

Kill_Bill

Juniors
Tigerpete, Benji will leave if our board doesn't get it's sh$t together.
They need to get professional and quickly.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Kill_Bill said:

It will be because of more than that - It will be nothing but money for the reason he will leave!

trialex

Juniors
He should be the first ever LIFE signing. We should agree to pay him the highest offer he can get (in writing) during his playing career plus a bonus for the rest of his life worked out on a $[(100 - age)x1000] formula.

Sincas

Juniors
Kill_Bill said:
If we don't sign Benji to a lucrative long term deal i will burn the club down and hold Noyce, Lavers and sheens personally responsible, and torture them to a miserable, painful death.

Who's joining me?

where do i sign up?

Crippler

Juniors
i just have this awful feeling that if we dont sign him this year he is gone for good as he will be the first big signing for the gold coast dolphins when they are brought into the competition

magpiemax

Juniors
Kill_Bill said:
O.K, So let's say we sign Benji immediately to say 300k a season for 5 year's.Will you pay out the rest of his contract if he only turn's out to be a one year wonder. :)

mikey

Juniors
It'd be stupid to pay $300k a year for him - it's no different to paying $300k for a 31 year-old. Give him a 2 or 3 year deal based on performance and rep honours.

If he doesn't like it bad luck. The last sort of person you want at a club is a greedy little show pony.

Suzie

Juniors
I have to agree. WHile Benji is a crowd puller, no doubt about it, and has fantastic potential - how much game time have we actually seen? He's already had two big injuries this year, and I think if he wants the big dollars then he needs to show at least one whole season of consistant performances before that happens.

HOT028

Juniors
he needs to show a lot more then he did to get the big money upfront over an extended period, if he thinks he is a great player then an incentive based contract should not be a problem.

Kill_Bill

Juniors
200K for next season, with bonuses and incentives...
Nick Graham is on that this year.... surely Benji has 100 times the potential.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Kill_Bill said:
200K for next season, with bonuses and incentives...
Nick Graham is on that this year.... surely Benji has 100 times the potential.

See next year isn't the problem it is the year after and 200k is not what he is asking for it is alot higher!

HOT028

Juniors
i cant believe this kid, i mean players like oford are only on 450 and johns and lockyer 500k, how can he expect already to get 350-400k. Greed can be a very bad thing and quick money is not always the best thing, two years on a guareenteed 350-400k or a long term guareentee of 250-300 with big incentives.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
HOT028 said:
i cant believe this kid, i mean players like oford are only on 450 and johns and lockyer 500k, how can he expect already to get 350-400k. Greed can be a very bad thing and quick money is not always the best thing, two years on a guareenteed 350-400k or a long term guareentee of 250-300 with big incentives.

On top of which those 2 players mentioned have played the game for over 10yrs, have reached the top of the tree in the game, both kick goals as added responsibillity

It is a joke and to be honest if what the club says he wants is true then I agree with them and he isn't worth paying double his market - he has shown potential but he has also showed that he is no where near ready to be a top paid player in the game at the moment thats for sure!!!

HOT028

Juniors
mighty, top class players usually only get the top dollar for the second half of their career, Benji has to understand this if not he will turn into a brett kimmorley just chasing money and having people say he had the ability but never had the teams to show it.

Latest posts