What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

benji or sonny bill

roosters2004

Juniors
LAST YEAR: benji was the best thing ever people where saying he gonna go places and i still think he will but THIS YEAR: sonny bill willams is named my many people to b the rookie of the year!!

i think both of them are great YOUNG player and have a lot of footy ahead of them what do u guys thing? whos better?? better step?? defence?? ect

ps: i kno that u guy are tiger fans so most of wiff will b in benji's faver so i m doing this same thing in the bulldogs and she wat they have 2 say.. and ill see if i can find who people reckon is better..

Trollhammaren

Juniors
In every game I've seen Benji play he's impressed me immensely, he's got (one of) the best steps in the league and is very difficult to tackle one-on-one. Bloody glad he's on our side!!

roosters2004

Juniors
lol yeah i would say benji as well i have watched him play touch and hes awsome in touch as well as league but its always good 2 c what others think :)

yappy

Bench
Sonny-Bill

The kid is pure class. Will be one of the all time legends. Benj is very very good, but Williams is better.

(Can I have em both at the Magpies? ;-) )

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Not so silent Bob said:
Actually, Benji can't be nominated for Rookie of the Year. He played too many games last year.

He only started one game last season, so he can't get it this year. But if a player comes of the bench in all their games one year then starts the next then they can get rookie of the year the second year they play.

Bench
They are both great prospects and I was leaning towards Sonny Bill but the hype during the week got to him and he didn't play that well,Benji seems to handle the spot light better.Don't discount Karmichael Hunt he looks all class and is only 17,the future of the game looks good.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt hasn't really impressed yet but with Motu Tony out for a while this is his chance to prove himself.

I've also been really impressed with David Seage for the knights, he stepped into robbie o's shoes really well and showed a lot of heart. He's no benji or sonny bill though.

Spike

First Grade
Seage is also about 7 years older than the others. So long as he keeps doing what he's doing, I'm happy.

B_Tiger

Juniors
to suggest one is better then the other is almost impossible. Most people haven't seen more then two matches of sonny bill play and benji doesn't have too many more first grade appearances. These players aren't anywhere near even being proven first graders, so how do you compare them? They also seem like very different players.

Yappy, I'm suprised that you'd make such hasty judgements on such young (and rarely seen) talents.

yappy

Bench
Yeah but I've seen heaps of him (too much for a Magpie fans liking) in lower grades remember. Plus class shines. The only other player I have seen in the last couple of years watching lower grades and junior reps that has stood out anything like Williams is the Sharkies prop Galloway. Sometimes you think - sometimes you know.

oro

Juniors
Big League reports that Keebra Park Greg Lenton thinks that halfback Rangi Chase and Sam Moa are going to be good WTs players.

Most of you will have the magazine by now but Lenton's comments are on Chase "A classy 18 year old halfback who is contracted to Wests Tigers. He's come thourgh a horrendously hard life so he's a tough kid. "We're hoping he'll end up at the Tigers scrum-base with Benji Marshall".

roosters2004

Juniors
but now that i think about it anthony tupou is a great great young forward i watch him last week and he was makeing tackles left right and centre.. and how old is he?? is he younger then benji and sonny?? i dunno but hes a great young talent and i look forward 2 watching progress 2 a great player.... but you can compare him 2 sonny or benjo cause he doesnt have that step and pase off the mark but i reckon he good at wat he does(takeing hitups) and i think hes got benji and sonny covered in the defence department :)