What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji's 300th Game

Vozzy

Juniors
Benji has been by far out best player with daylight second. Yes comes up with mistakes but if not for him we have no chance of winning. He got us the try against the dogs that should have levelled the game with 30sec to go. Yes he made mistakes before but he brushes it off easily. Brooks goes missing a lot in games and when he goes missing he stays missing that's the difference. He is probably still in terms of skill one of the top 10 players he has just lost pace that's all.

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji has been by far out best player with daylight second. Yes comes up with mistakes but if not for him we have no chance of winning. He got us the try against the dogs that should have levelled the game with 30sec to go. Yes he made mistakes before but he brushes it off easily. Brooks goes missing a lot in games and when he goes missing he stays missing that's the difference. He is probably still in terms of skill one of the top 10 players he has just lost pace that's all.

He was terrible against Canterbury but he did get us a try that should have seen us level the game. Brooks does go missing at times but geez he has been good.

Benji and Brooks in the halves are guns. The hate towards these two amazes me.

WA Tiger

Bench
For a while there I think it took courage to make these calls with the anti Benji sentiment about ...but after seeing his skill over and over you just can’t deny it ..Not lately...I’d put his skill level at number one easily but as u say his drop in speed and at times when his radars out with kicks and passes then he comes back to the pack..I’d say still within the top 3-5 ...Having said that no one can pull a try out of the bag from nowhere like Benji.....

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He was terrible against Canterbury but he did get us a try that should have seen us level the game. Brooks does go missing at times but geez he has been good.

Benji and Brooks in the halves are guns. The hate towards these two amazes me.
This is a sports forum 05 just like any sports forum in the world ..some will really like players some will really not ...get used to it...Its up to us to use our charm and knowledge to try to convince ...Look at Gordsy he used to not be a Benji fan..and that’s putting it mildly..now he’s sticking up for him..You have to be accurate though and not be swayed by your own sentiment otherwise u get nowhere..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
This is a sports forum 05 just like any sports forum in the world ..some will really like players some will really not ...get used to it...Its up to us to use our charm and knowledge to try to convince ...Look at Gordsy he used to not be a Benji fan..and that’s putting it mildly..now he’s sticking up for him..You have to be accurate though and not be swayed by your own sentiment otherwise u get nowhere..

I get that there will be differences of opinion but I don't understand what games people watch when they hack Brooks and Benji. Brooks does go into his shell at times but he has been pretty darn good for us all season. Benji apart from that crud game against the Dogs has been our best player and that includes Matterson who is a weapon.

WA Tiger

Bench
I get that there will be differences of opinion but I don't understand what games people watch when they hack Brooks and Benji. Brooks does go into his shell at times but he has been pretty darn good for us all season. Benji apart from that crud game against the Dogs has been our best player and that includes Matterson who is a weapon.
Fair point..I’m trying to work that out myself but I think if someone’s got a favourite player they/we see the good and forgive and forget the bad in their player..and the opposite for players they/we don’t like ..Sometimes .....Brooke’s has been brilliant this year and he is a must for us to get to the finals Matteson same ...If someone is staunch on a player they have there reasons ..that player may have helped them get through the day one time.. or the opposite for a player they don’t like...

Last edited: