What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benjis impending suspension

lazza

Juniors
he did the injury after the high tackle. if he did an injury first and thought ... what the hell, im going to be injured anyway then tackled high, then it would be a bit low.

brook

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
7. Reynolds
6. Fitzhenry

*shudders*

Hopefully Sheens will look to blood one of the lower graders. The Tigers premier league side is top of the table at the moment and it might be time to give one of them a run.

Jono Rolfe is looking VERY good for BRET - I'm not exactly certain that he's ready but its a better option than trying fitzy again.

Iafeta

Referee
jamesgould said:
Who was it that broke their arm making a high tackle a few years back, Betham on Civoniceva wasn't it? He got a suspension for that I think ... probably the only instance ever where a player got off a suspension because they got injured while committing the offence haha.

Yes, Monty Betham, at Brisbane Round 1 2004 on Petrols 75centsalitre.

Iafeta

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:
According to Ray Warren on MMM this morning, he is gone for the season, needs a reconstruction.

:( Will we ever see a Kiwis team featuring Wiki, Jones, Marshall and Sonny Bling Bling Bill all at once?

brook

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
According to Ray Warren on MMM this morning, he is gone for the season, needs a reconstruction.

They wont know for sure until monday

colonel_123

Juniors
brook said:
Jono Rolfe is looking VERY good for BRET - I'm not exactly certain that he's ready but its a better option than trying fitzy again.

Jamie Nowland's working his way back into premier league after his injury. He played well last season and could be an option.

They could also bring Brett Oliver up from the Magpies and move Prince to 5/8.

Hasn't Ben Jeffrey also spent some time at 5/8? He's been playing wing and fullback for BRET but has been in decent form.

Do you think either of the Flegg boys, Russel and Caldwell, might be ready for a start?

I think it's time to think long term. Prince is gone next year and if Sheens is serious about giving the young kids a shot at replacing him now would be a good time to do it so that they get a chance to shine before Wests go looking for a replacement on the open market.

brook

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
Jamie Nowland's working his way back into premier league after his injury. He played well last season and could be an option.

They could also bring Brett Oliver up from the Magpies and move Prince to 5/8.

Hasn't Ben Jeffrey also spent some time at 5/8? He's been playing wing and fullback for BRET but has been in decent form.

Do you think either of the Flegg boys, Russel and Caldwell, might be ready for a start?

I think it's time to think long term. Prince is gone next year and if Sheens is serious about giving the young kids a shot at replacing him now would be a good time to do it so that they get a chance to shine before Wests go looking for a replacement on the open market.

I'm a big fan of Nowlands and we'll see how he goes over the next couple of weeks but he's been out for a while and only managed to play 15 minutes last week - he's going to need a while yet.

Caldwell is without a doubt the best long term option in the halves - the kid is brilliant, but he also has spent most of the last 18 months on the sidelines, he's steadily improving every game atm but he's still a while off regaining his best form. When he gets his confidence back he's the one we need to be focusing on but I wouldn't be throwing him into the action yet.

Russell is very talented indeed but he's a good 2-3 years off first grade imo, he's looking absolutely awesome in flegg but its a huge step up.

I didn't know Jeffery had played in the halves but it could be an option I guess, personally though I think he's still very young and asking him to make his first grade debut out of position might be a bit of a stretch.

Chase is the other real possible option, Rangi is ultra talented and plays a lot like Benji so would fit right into the team, but the club has made it pretty clear they view him as a hooker and don't think he has a future in the halves so I don't expect to see him get the spot.

If Benji is out for 8 weeks I'd be looking at reynolds (as much as I dislike him) and, if he fails, giving Rolfe or Chase a chance.

If Benji is gone for the season I'd start off the same but I'd want to see us throw all our resources into getting Caldwell ready to play first grade because he's the pick of the youngsters he's just got to find his feet again.

colonel_123

Juniors
brook said:
I'm a big fan of Nowlands and we'll see how he goes over the next couple of weeks but he's been out for a while and only managed to play 15 minutes last week - he's going to need a while yet.

Caldwell is without a doubt the best long term option in the halves - the kid is brilliant, but he also has spent most of the last 18 months on the sidelines, he's steadily improving every game atm but he's still a while off regaining his best form. When he gets his confidence back he's the one we need to be focusing on but I wouldn't be throwing him into the action yet.

Russell is very talented indeed but he's a good 2-3 years off first grade imo, he's looking absolutely awesome in flegg but its a huge step up.

I didn't know Jeffery had played in the halves but it could be an option I guess, personally though I think he's still very young and asking him to make his first grade debut out of position might be a bit of a stretch.

Chase is the other real possible option, Rangi is ultra talented and plays a lot like Benji so would fit right into the team, but the club has made it pretty clear they view him as a hooker and don't think he has a future in the halves so I don't expect to see him get the spot.

If Benji is out for 8 weeks I'd be looking at reynolds (as much as I dislike him) and, if he fails, giving Rolfe or Chase a chance.

If Benji is gone for the season I'd start off the same but I'd want to see us throw all our resources into getting Caldwell ready to play first grade because he's the pick of the youngsters he's just got to find his feet again.

Thanks for that. I thought Nowland had been back for longer then that.

I think we've got some real talented kids in the lower grade and it's very likely that with a little bit of time Russell, Caldwell, Nowland etc could all play first grade.

Unfortuately Wests are looking for a replacement now, and these alot of these kids are too young, or still finding their feet after a stint on the side lines.

colonel_123

Juniors
A few people are talking about Collis as a 5/8 option.

Not too sure about that one but it'll be interesting to see which way Sheens goes.

I think, for the short term at least we'll see Fitzhenry at 5/8 if Farah is back (because Farah can take over some of the kicking duties) or Reynolds at half-back and Prince at 5/8 if Farah is still out.

glockers

Juniors
If Halatau and Farah are back I would like to see:

6. Halatau
7. Flanagan
9. Farah

Flanagan played halfback before this season.

colonel_123

Juniors
glockers said:
If Halatau and Farah are back I would like to see:

6. Halatau
7. Flanagan
9. Farah

Flanagan played halfback before this season.

I think Flanagan played half-back when he was 14 or 15.

I don't think he'd be able to play a full 80 minutes of first grade at half-back.

I think Prince would have a pretty good record at the judiciary and if he's charged I'd imagine he'd probably be able to get off with an early guilty plea.

But I haven't seen a replay of the tackle so maybe it's worse then I thought...

simon says said:
As long as its less than 6 weeks,I dont care.

I thought it may be a 1-2 week job.

Definitely more than 2 weeks...Benji the Cat...can we have video footage please..:evil:

simon says

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Definitely more than 2 weeks...Benji the Cat...can we have video footage please..:evil:

You are getting Benji confused with Billy Slater who is a cat.:lol:

Enoughsaid

Juniors
Does it matter?
the way Benji was crying after the game, it looked to me like he knew he was GONE for the year..

not the 6-8 the tigers are trying to bluff us with

Big loss for all.. good to watch

Red Bear

Referee
Cowboys2006 said:
i wanna see a Pic Of Him Crying :'(
I wanna see the pic of you guys crying after the GF last year.

Personally didnt think there was much in the tackle at all really, didnt see the Prince one but.

Latest posts