What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennet admits his time may be up

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah I agree Bennent did every thing he could do...the players just weren't thinking. It was as if they were all shell shocked when they made the breaks.

Pigskin

Juniors
Goose Gould coaching the Broncos :lol:

didn't anybody hear his commentary today ?

you want to see a massive walkout ? take a look at the season ticket holders at suncorp stadium upon his contract being signed

Taking it as a given, that Bellamy could not be a candidate ... and presuming no other first grade current coach is available (no idea on all the current contract situations) ... if we were to go for some new blood ... I wouldn't mind Terry Matterson

Oink !

Razor

Coach
Gould would do wonders for the Broncos. Gould is without doubt the best coach in the game.

Big Pete

Referee
Just to add to that point I doubt some of the players would warm up to Gould thus the team wouldn't click.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Is Darren Smith a smart guy?

Could he coach them?

Congrats on a superb career btw Smithy, if today was the end. A true thorn in the Tigers side I thought.

Ghoulies

Bench
mepelthwack said:
Congrats on a superb career btw Smithy, if today was the end. A true thorn in the Tigers side I thought.
He actually wants to go around again next year, but the Broncos are yet to offer him a new contract due to salary cap restrictions.

Hurriflatch

Referee
that would be something that hasn't been seen a while

Darren Smith being a player/coach

in theory if that happens would his coaching contract come under the salary cap?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Ghoulies said:
He actually wants to go around again next year, but the Broncos are yet to offer him a new contract due to salary cap restrictions.

Just pay him $200 a game at the Clydies.

Meanie

Juniors
Razor said:
Gould would do wonders for the Broncos. Gould is without doubt the best coach in the game.

Gould will never coach the Bronco's and the Broncos would never ask him.

Matterson wouldn't be a bad idea, similarly the QRL idea (Bar Kevin Walters) might be worth a shout.

That being said, I think it's the Bronco's players who have to start taking a look at themselves, as well as the Bronco's changing up their playing style.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I will never say never for Gould, what about Brad Fittler? He obviously wants to coach!

Slappy

Juniors
f**k bellamy you don't want him back, broncos are a proud club, I'm sure they'd prefer to win without using head grappling tactics and king hits from behind!
Bellamy is the reason the Storm are such a team of scum!

Bellamy is a myth!

The Broncos remind me now of how Norths were for much of the nineties. It was as if their forwards could only stand up for 3/4 of a season, then they'd had enough. I guess the age of the Broncos pack could have something to do with it. Too much of a Dad's Army look about it. Having said that, Webcke was probably the best forward on the field for most of the game.

Mr Saab

Referee
i dont think Wayne is going anywhere. We all know Wayne is a "prickly" type of guy and he may of said that tongue in cheek.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hurriflatch said:
that would be something that hasn't been seen a while

Darren Smith being a player/coach

in theory if that happens would his coaching contract come under the salary cap?

I believe he is CEO and Player for Easts, when not on Bronco duty.

Latest posts