What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett knocks back Snowden at the Knights

Minh

First Grade
Bennett has always maintained that he won't tear Saints apart. Does this mean that he won't be bringing any of our players with him I wonder, or will there be an exception like Boyd and maybe a couple of fringe players?

I really hope Bennett leaves our playing roster intact and give Price a smooth transition, that will really show the wares of Steve Price, if he had this full squad to play with at least the starting 13.

Minh

First Grade
Although not surprising it looks as though Boyd is gonsky too along with Bennett to the Knights as there is news that he is poised to sign a 4 year deal there. Not to worry we still have plenty of good players Stanley to fullback and I hope Steve Price can get the best out of them.

Newcastle will be an absolute powerhouse next year looking at their team it is quite scary really with Gidley, Mullen and now likely Boyd as well as players like Sau and Uate. Bennett is the master coach the best ever but it is fair to say that he has had the reins to many a great playing roster and it looks set to continue at the Knights.

Tim Smith

Juniors
I read a story this morning that I hope is a beat up...Bennett apparently giving advice to Parramatta (Kearney) in regards them buying Sandow for next year. I know he's a super coach but he is also human and it would be good to have his laser focus on our team this year and our attempt to go back to back and not be so focused on next year and building his squad for Newcastle, let alone Parramatta's roster.

I wouldnt be too concerned about him giving advice to other coaches he has always done it. Reading an article where Bellamy stated he rings Bennett often sometimes several times a week for advice.

"You'd be silly to be in my position and not speak to him," says Bellamy, who was Bennett's assistant at the Broncos from 1998 to 2002.

"He's very willing with his advice. I don't ask him about his footy team, or what he'll do against mine. Just his opinion, about things away from the field. Sometimes it's a reinforcement thing. Sometimes it's to get advice.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
I'll be looking forward to next year to see how Stanley goes at the back next year. I honestly don't think we'll lose too much there.

The article about Bennett endorsing Sandow is hard to believe. He is too smart to believe Sandow is a future halfback for Queensland. Unless he's working with the Blues. :sarcasm:

Minh

First Grade
My gosh not many in this forum myself included rate Sandow, but for the master to endorse him I won't be arguing against that so I reckon Bennett sees the potential to inprove Sandow as a player and my guess is starting with his defense followed closely by his attitude whereby he should tone himself down a little and start playing for the team instead of showboating about himself so much.

Latest posts