What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

dungay dragon

Juniors
Read a report up here , North of the tweed , that said there are a number of Broncos players who have clauses in their contracts , "that are null & void " if the master Coach is sacked or departs..
These include Jimmy the Jet Roberts , young powerhouse Pangai Jr and tough as nails front rower Matt Lodge...Could make the lure of nabbing Bennett back to the Dragons even sweeter.All three would be welcome additions to our roster....Ooops forgot Darius , but ongoing injuries may see him closer to retirement

slippery5

Juniors
A loss against the Tigers will hopefully put this in place. Bennett always said he loved every minute at the Dragons & he knows he was loved back.
He knows how the club works & would be confident with most of the playing personnel. His 2nd option would be Panthers.
2-3 years of him at his age would be far better than 1 more year of McNoidea.
Question: did Bennett punt McGregor when he was here?

Brutalitops

Juniors
Would be fantastic and now is a great time for it. Already bringing Korbin down, he is familiar with Ben Hunt already, we could probably nab at least James Roberts or TPJ with him. Even Corey Oates considering Nene may leave and Nighty is retiring. On top of that, he's worked with Widdop and Graham during England coaching duties too.

Of course this is all wishful thinking but it would be something

sco22

Juniors
A loss against the Tigers will hopefully put this in place. Bennett always said he loved every minute at the Dragons & he knows he was loved back.
He knows how the club works & would be confident with most of the playing personnel. His 2nd option would be Panthers.
2-3 years of him at his age would be far better than 1 more year of McNoidea.
Question: did Bennett punt McGregor when he was here?
Yes

Brutalitops

Juniors
I don’t condone what packer did..

But.. compared to lodge..

1. He didn’t attack a woman
2. He admitted fault and apologised
3. Did his time and didn’t run away from his punishment
I can't believe I would ever come across as defending Lodge, as what he did was disgusting, but regarding point 2, I think he has done that.

And now that he has paid back the family (via a loan) I'm willing to at the very least give him a chance at redemption. So far he's on the right track. 3 years sober now if admirable for someone who admits they have alcohol issues, and while I will never go as far to support lodge, I will acknowledge his progress.

One slip up and he's gone though.

Bench
Never wanted to see Bennet back here but now Doust is leaving and we are getting an outsider for our CEO he might be persuaded to come back.
Stranger things have happened

getsmarty

Immortal
Never wanted to see Bennet back here but now Doust is leaving and we are getting an outsider for our CEO he might be persuaded to come back.

How do you know the CEO is an outsider...?? More likely from inside the organization...

Brutalitops

Juniors
Actually Doust leaving may work against us regarding Bennett. Wayne got alone great with Doust

I can't believe I would ever come across as defending Lodge, as what he did was disgusting, but regarding point 2, I think he has done that.

And now that he has paid back the family (via a loan) I'm willing to at the very least give him a chance at redemption. So far he's on the right track. 3 years sober now if admirable for someone who admits they have alcohol issues, and while I will never go as far to support lodge, I will acknowledge his progress.

One slip up and he's gone though.
What I have never understood about Packer and Dugan and even the discussion about Lodge.
If we, as a club, are so compassionate and prepared to give these fellows guidance and a pathway to redemption. Why didn't we afford the same opportunity to Fonua Blake who was a home grown product??
The kid has developed into a great FG front rower with Manly and we missed out again.
I don't get it.

Maxwell

Juniors
Mary is a clone of Steve Price, he said when Price was sacked that he would contI use to do whatPrice started. He talks the same dribble at press conferences , he takes the team on a boot camp with 3 weeks Togo, Price did the same

Wittenberg

Juniors
Sorry guys I know I will be in the minority here but I don't want Bennett. I know we all want to get rid of Mary but for once I'd like this club to look forward not backwards. Bennett is not wanted by the Broncos, they feel they need a new direction and new blood. He is 70 or so and he will not have the backline cattle he had in 2010. Added to that I have not forgiven him for taking a large chunk of our 2010 premiership pack with him when he left in 2011, even though he promised not to. I also remember the basket case Newcastle became with him there, admittedly mainly because of back room management.
I personally don't want us signing anyone who has had anything to do with us in the past. I don't want any past players, coaches, ball boys, cheer leaders etc etc
Get rid of Mary by fair means or foul but look forward not back and kill the old boys club.

Sorry guys I know I will be in the minority here but I don't want Bennett. I know we all want to get rid of Mary but for once I'd like this club to look forward not backwards. Bennett is not wanted by the Broncos, they feel they need a new direction and new blood. He is 70 or so and he will not have the backline cattle he had in 2010. Added to that I have not forgiven him for taking a large chunk of our 2010 premiership pack with him when he left in 2011, even though he promised not to. I also remember the basket case Newcastle became with him there, admittedly mainly because of back room management.
I personally don't want us signing anyone who has had anything to do with us in the past. I don't want any past players, coaches, ball boys, cheer leaders etc etc
Get rid of Mary by fair means or foul but look forward not back and kill the old boys club.
The only reason I would take Bennett over Barrett, Griffen or any of the others is he is a proven performer.
I’m sick of the board treating the coaching job at the Dragons as a learn as you go job.
McGregor and Price were both promoted as “future great NRL coaches”
I don’t want a future great coach, I want one now.
McGuire became toxic at Souths due to his player treatment, Hasler became toxic at the Dogs due his inept management, Barrett’s treatment of Hastings was an example of putting highly paid players egos over the good of the team, Griffen has been accused of being a “one dimensional coach”. We already have one of those.

A condition for Bennett would be to bring JD with him as an assistant, but with a co-coach type role with a view to taking over completely in two years.

Bennett just reported to wants out of Broncos at end of the year.
Linked to Penrith (no chance he will work with Gus), Titans, Parra and us.

Interesting times.

Our board will screw it up though.

Latest posts