What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett to cowboys?

nqboy

First Grade
Dunno how I feel about this one. Very happy with Murray, he suits the club's culture and has been a large part of the turnaround in the club's fortunes. There is a nagging doubt that he can get teams to the brink without being able to take them one step further. But who would turn their back on Bennett coaching their club?

Big Pete

Referee
One of those Bennett moments if this is all proven to be true.

Honestly as a Broncos fan I feel disgusted by these actions. You can't just play around with a club that has such support and respect for you.

nqboy

First Grade
Big Pete said:
One of those Bennett moments if this is all proven to be true.

Honestly as a Broncos fan I feel disgusted by these actions. You can't just play around with a club that has such support and respect for you.
Ease up Pete. I don't think the blame can all be laid at Bennett's feet. The Broncos have changed a lot and have indicated they were thinking about a succession plan, so he has to make plans as well.

Big Pete

Referee
For someone who is so widely respected it's people like Bennett who truly disgust me. Honestly he could be a man and actually tell the club to their face what he wants to do; instead he goes behind their back and creates media hell for the club (eg. Sydney Roosters).

I should stress however if these actions are found untrue I retract my statements as my anger towards Bennett is also met by my gratitude and respect for all that he's done for my club and for others in society.

DeeGan

Bench
I think everyone should "ease up", this is purely speculation at the minute.

Hillarious, a Cowboys fan doesn't know how he feels about this as "Murray suits the culture" of the club :lol: You insta-sign Wayne Bennett and thank Murray for the memories ;-)

Muz is a good coach with a decent record who just cannot cross the try line ala Brian Smith.

Bennett is a winner. IF there is any truth in the rumour, the Cowboys win the comp in 2008 or 2009. He will finish the job Muz started.

salivor

First Grade
It's hard to comment until the rumour is proven true but once again we have our CEO speaking out to the media like the Roosters fiasco asking what the hell is going on. It's not a good look for the relations between coach and board which rumours have been going around for a while now are pretty bad.

If true then as Cullen says, theres no point in standing in his way, you won't force Bennett to do anything once he's made his decision and that includes seeing out the final year of his contract. To me if true then this really just reeks of Bennett wanting to get the upper hand and go out on his terms rather than whats best for the club which is sad.

philstorm

Juniors
Sorry Broncos fans, the selfish part of me wants me to see him leave early.

It'll mean the Broncos will have to find a year earlier than when Bellamy comes off contract.

DeeGan

Bench
philstorm said:

It'll mean the Broncos will have to find a year earlier than when Bellamy comes off contract.

Very good poiint, IF it happened, Melbourne would likely safe in the knowledge Craig Bellamy ain't leaving.

badav

Bench
philstorm said:

Im not convinced that Bellamy was coming back anyway.

As for Bennet. He has a contract with the club and should be working on the Broncos and not doing this sh*t again. What he did with the Roosters did nothing but destabilise the club.

nqboy

First Grade
DeeGan said:
Hillarious, a Cowboys fan doesn't know how he feels about this as "Murray suits the culture" of the club :lol: You insta-sign Wayne Bennett and thank Murray for the memories
I don't understand what's hilarious about that, possibly cos I don't understand what "insta-sign" means.

Abz

Juniors
I find this really hard to believe, but everyone knows what the coaches merry-go-round is like.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Bennett better have a very good explanation as to why this is cropping up again.

If this turns out to be false, and I hope it is, I've got nothing bad against Bennett

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Webb and Bennett together again. That'd be interesting.

Could you imagine a Matty Bowen and Bennett press conference. Good luck journalists.

Dazzat

First Grade
Even if this is true (I have my doubts) it's the tone of these articles that stinks. Brisbane does NOT own Bennett, and Bennett does NOT own the Broncos.

Breaking the longest-serving, most successful tenure in NRL coaching will be painful for the club and Bennett. If only the press would keep their noses out of it so we don't get all this gossip and half-truths.

Without Bellamy to take over in 2009, Kevin Walters will have the inside running.

salivor

First Grade
Dazzat said:
Even if this is true (I have my doubts) it's the tone of these articles that stinks. Brisbane does NOT own Bennett, and Bennett does NOT own the Broncos.

Breaking the longest-serving, most successful tenure in NRL coaching will be painful for the club and Bennett. If only the press would keep their noses out of it so we don't get all this gossip and half-truths.

Without Bellamy to take over in 2009, Kevin Walters will have the inside running.

Yes but what they do have is a contract signed to 2009, Bennett has already tried to go behind the clubs back and sign for a rival club before that contract has finished and now it appears that he may have done it for a second time.

If Bennett wants to go elsewhere then fine but be open about it so the club can look at it's options at the same time. It seems that we're now on a collision course that he won't be at the club within the next couple of years but the worst thing that could happen is that Bennett bails ship and leaves us scrambling for a replacement.

KeepingTheFaith said:
Webb and Bennett together again. That'd be interesting.

Could you imagine a Matty Bowen and Bennett press conference. Good luck journalists.
:lol: :lol:
Be over quick .