What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennetts cop out

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
Pierced Soul said:
I respect bennett as a coach and you'll notice that players seem keen to play under him. he's been the 'coach you'd like to play under' in RLW for several years in a row. I dont agree with his media ban, and I think that by him speaking he would actually lift the games image as when he does talk he usually makes sense.

personally I'd love to hear his thoughts on things going on and off the field, but he refuses to talk. in saying that hasnt phil gould blacklisted certain journalists?

he places a lot of pressure on himself though, cos the more he keeps shut the more determined the media are to get to him

... bingo!

(and much more succinct than I could have managed)

Mr Rock!!!

Juniors
Wayne Bennett doesn't talk to the media, because the media has stopped doing what it is there to do ( report). All media these days revolves around pushing an agenda.
There is no way Wayne Bennett, could have, should have or would have said anything that the press didn't already know about the game.
So his part in the stories of the day would have been 10-15%, the other 85-90% would have been the expert"opinion" of the journalists.

Funny to see both Gould and Ricky Stuart have ago at him about it. I kinda remember both of these men storming out of press conferences.

I also remember Stuart defending his golden haired boy, " Brad Fittler" when Freddie decided to send Luke Ricketson to the finals shoot a couple of years back???

Watch the agenda rise for Phil the dill to coach the National side now......I don't know why these people don't just come straight out and say it???

gallagher

Juniors
Mr Rock!!! said:
Wayne Bennett doesn't talk to the media, because the media has stopped doing what it is there to do ( report). All media these days revolves around pushing an agenda.
There is no way Wayne Bennett, could have, should have or would have said anything that the press didn't already know about the game.
So his part in the stories of the day would have been 10-15%, the other 85-90% would have been the expert"opinion" of the journalists.

Funny to see both Gould and Ricky Stuart have ago at him about it. I kinda remember both of these men storming out of press conferences.

I also remember Stuart defending his golden haired boy, " Brad Fittler" when Freddie decided to send Luke Ricketson to the finals shoot a couple of years back???

Watch the agenda rise for Phil the dill to coach the National side now......I don't know why these people don't just come straight out and say it???

Who on earth is gonna push for Gould to be the national coach?? No-one,
maybe Politis but that would be just about it.Get serious mate, it aint about agendas on getting Gould the top job.
Its about the national coach not fronting the media. Find any excuse you want ( go with Carr's pathetic one if your desperate) but the reality is that he took the gutless way out. We lost a series for the first time in a real long time and people want to know what the coach has to say.
Dont try and deflect the issue to A Gould issue.

Latest posts