What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny Elias talking out of his ass again.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Blocker dope just had to come to terms with the fact that the Tigers were just totally outplayed in the second half. If the Tigers won, the Roosters would have won the grand final. Easts are to the tigers what Canberra are to us. In saying that, I was sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage in the last 10 minutes of that prelim final. When the tigers made that last minute break with Galloway and Ryan, I was convinced they were going to score with some typical flukey luck. It still makes me shake when I think about the what ifs of it.

Haha you're not alone there mate. Deadset the longest 10 minutes of footy I have ever seen. I was stoked when Sowie kicked the field goal but there was still 5,776 minutes left.

It's moments like that... that's why we support our footy side so passionately, year after year

teamdavo

Juniors
Has everyone forgotten what this bloke was like as a player??? He would throw in a cheap shot in the tackle and give away a penalty. FYI He hasn't gotten any smarter! Always has been & always will be a grub..

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
Haha you're not alone there mate. Deadset the longest 10 minutes of footy I have ever seen. I was stoked when Sowie kicked the field goal but there was still 5,776 minutes left.

It's moments like that... that's why we support our footy side so passionately, year after year

Oh gee mate, I still vehemently shake when I reflect on the last ten minutes of that game, and the last second tigers line break. That's why I didn't go crazy when Soward kicked he field goal; I kind of expected us to get in the lead, but it still felt like there was a whole game to be played after that field goal. I guess what helped was the fact that we spent most of the last 10 minutes camped in their half, courtesy of Marshall's kick out on the full. Smith's hit on Tuqiri had me sweating too however. I can't imagine how I would have coped with the f**ing tigers heartbreakingly knocking us out again, and us 'choking' again. When the game finished, I jumped in the air off my couch, while almost knocking the hanging light chandelier out of the ceiling. A tigers-roosters GF would have been a heavy injustice on that season. Heavy days...

saint.nick

Coach
Now just imagine if we played the raiders...Dugan would have tore us a new one and we would have lost. They would have had all the momentum and confidence over us.

Penguin

Juniors
when Darius threw the ball dead I looked at the clock and it was under 40 seconds to go...I thought, we've won...then thought...fkn refs will stop the clock... Was it Roach who called for a penalty against Darius fro throwing it dead?

saints4ever

First Grade
Oh gee mate, I still vehemently shake when I reflect on the last ten minutes of that game, and the last second tigers line break. That's why I didn't go crazy when Soward kicked he field goal; I kind of expected us to get in the lead, but it still felt like there was a whole game to be played after that field goal. I guess what helped was the fact that we spent most of the last 10 minutes camped in their half, courtesy of Marshall's kick out on the full. Smith's hit on Tuqiri had me sweating too however. I can't imagine how I would have coped with the f**ing tigers heartbreakingly knocking us out again, and us 'choking' again. When the game finished, I jumped in the air off my couch, while almost knocking the hanging light chandelier out of the ceiling. A tigers-roosters GF would have been a heavy injustice on that season. Heavy days...

was at the game and it was even worse. after the field goal I was pacing up and down behind the seats.

I dont think i have ever sworn that much and so loud when the tigers made that break. when ryan kicked it I sunk to my knees and held the back of the seat while my dad hugged me lol good times

saint.nick

Coach
when Darius threw the ball dead I looked at the clock and it was under 40 seconds to go...I thought, we've won...then thought...fkn refs will stop the clock... Was it Roach who called for a penalty against Darius fro throwing it dead?

When he did that, I thought, sh*t, the tigers are getting the bloody ball again, but I forgot that we were allowed to waste 40 seconds until the game finished. When I saw everyone celebrating and realised this, I had never been so relieved in my life. And Roach actually said that? LOL. I have little doubt he would have said that. What a fool. Since when does throwing a ball over the dead ball line constitute a penalty? Bloody Tigers fans...After we won the GF, we were driving back home, and then some muppet tigers fan rang up on the radio, and started bitching about how the dragons some how didn't deserve to be there, how it should have been a tigers-roosters grand final, and how boring the grand final was. Man there were some grapes from our premiership. And then these same Tigers fans were like "oh well, it was a claytons premiership!"You can never win can you...

Latest posts