What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny wants the gig.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Stop talking shit about Scurrah, the man was the greatest jersey salesman the NRL had ever seen! Knew f**k all about running successful footy teams though…

Matua

Bench
Let's be real here, the Warriors CEOs have just been a succession of dodgy car salesmen starting with Robson. The latest bloke just got super lucky in the last 18 months.

Payten left us whilst we down and out. That other merkin Brown was just filling in for a paid job. He had no passion for the Warriors. That left Stace behind the eight ball before getting the chance to learn his trade properly.

First grade coaching requires more of your time / energy to bring out the best week to week grind.
Stace will need more time to get to that level.

International coaching requires you just to know the blueprint and keep your players up (Motivated) in a shorter amount of time. This is why its a perfect fit for Jones.
I'm aware of all that but you're wrong about Payten. He took over in a similar situation as when Stacey did, but left us in a better position than when he started.

Stacey didn't, and that's the only head coaching history he has. Unlike the guy he's replacing who's shown he can succeed at both club and rep level.

And as for Madge's success being owed only to the quality of his squad - well he built that squad. 13 of the 17 players who took the field in that 30-0 win debuted under him. That's his squad.

Anyway I'm going to stop there. Feels like I've spent the last few posts on this thread denigrating Stacey and I never wanted to go down that path. But Madge deserves far more respect than you're giving him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Bump...wasn't aware until I read an article today that Adam Blair is a Kiwis assistant coach. How dire is that. We've gone from Madge to Stacey and Adam Blair.

Then I read an article from Adam saying how passionate he is about the Kiwis jumper. Yeah, we all saw that in 2017 mate, when you chewed gum and told us how losing to Fiji wasn't too much of an issue. And he says in the article 'I'm a competitor'. No you're not, tell that to Tigers fans or in fact we'll answer it for you.

Then you have Stephen 'again' Kearney in a cultural and leadership role.

Crikey.