What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Berrick Barnes: Heading to Rugby?

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, and since he played both league and union to a decent level he seems like he's not too fussed what code he plays.

He would have been a good signing for the Gold Coast team.

Corbin

Juniors
why they didnt play him off the bench for the rest of 05 and 06 i dont no...And then look at his options!

Sun_Down

Juniors
Dam, its our own fault though. Now I know, I have raised this before, I dont want to annoy anyone, but I believe doing things like putting D.Smith in the lineup before juniors sends a very bad message and offers little encouragement. I wish Berrick the best, he played Rugby at school, so he will be alright...Maybe he will return one day.

god today sucked, get f**ked berrick, another guy we helped thru his teen years and he turns his back on us just like countless others have done in the past.

rugged

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
god today sucked, get f**ked berrick, another guy we helped thru his teen years and he turns his back on us just like countless others have done in the past.

Yeh, and the Broncos put so much junior development into him too. :rolleyes:

Jono078

Referee
Its always bad to lose a league player to union, especially a player who has said to been pretty skillful.

Its a 2 year deal, so maybe after he plays in the worldcup he will comeback here with unfinished business ?

Thomas

First Grade
pennywisealfie said:
get f**ked berrick, another guy we helped thru his teen years and he turns his back on us just like countless others have done in the past.

eh?

He played union all through his school years and was recruited by the Broncos when he finished school?

Good on him, I say. He's chosen the right moment to play his hand. I wouldn't want to spend 2 or 3 years on the bench behind Locky and Seymour when I could play in my chosen position in a game I grew up playing.

Sheesh!

broncoman

Juniors
jono078 said:
Its always bad to lose a league player to union, especially a player who has said to been pretty skillful.

Its a 2 year deal, so maybe after he plays in the worldcup he will comeback here with unfinished business ?
i doubt he will be in the next world cup, hes still only young and imo a very long term prospect, im sure the union guys will not rush his progress just so he can play a minor role in the next WC.

Thomas

First Grade
Very true...he's got a few players to displace before he gets anywhere near the Wallabies.

David Brent

Juniors
Overrated. No loss whatsoever. Doesn't have the speed or power to be anything more than a solid NRL player. Good luck to him.

David Brent

Juniors
Rocky Elsom went from the Bulldogs' Jersey Flegg bench to Wallaby in three years. Do you think we will ever see the day when a Randwick colts/u-19 bench warmer switches to league and goes on to play for the Kangaroos? Please.

Thomas

First Grade
David Brent said:
Overrated. No loss whatsoever. Doesn't have the speed or power to be anything more than a solid NRL player. Good luck to him.

Geez..here I am thinking Wayne Bennet and Locky knew their stuff, but we've had an expert here all along.

When can we expect your column in the Courier Mail?

David Brent

Juniors
You idiot.

The Broncos get who they want. If they wanted Barnes bad enough, or saw a future in which they needed to have him, they would have got his signature. Bennett knows they can do without him. He has shown with Hunt, Bott and Seymour (and going back several years, Lockyer) that if a player's talent or form demands NRL selection, he will pick him, regardless of his age. He will find room for them, even if it is a regular bench position. In the season and a half he has had Barnes at his disposal, he has not felt compelled to do this.

Thomas

First Grade
The Broncos are trapped by the salary cap. Sure you may say they didn't need him, but when Benny says that Barnes has the most natural talent he has seen in a player since Wally, people take notice.

The Broncos couldn't match the offer made by the Reds, end of story.

The Broncos don't get who they want...they didn't keep Lote now, did they?

Nashy

Juniors
Barnes wasn't the greatest. Also, being a 5/8th limited his career in a big way, I mean, he's not exactly going to knock Lockyer off the team is he.

Latest posts