What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best and worst stories about opposition fans.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll start off. Late in the year August 2004. At Eeels home ground.

I was with the Penrith Army (complete with trumpet player Dan)

Panthers were doing well.

Nearby was a young lady in an Eels jersey.

When it became obvious that Panthers were giving the Eels a bath. She took off her jersey and underneath was a PENRITH PREMERISHIP TEE SHIRT.

Did that poor girl get given some grief.

Hence my saying 'Some folks have jerseys for all 16 clubs in their wardrobe, as they follow WINNERS'

mxlegend99

Referee
I'll start off. Late in the year August 2004. At Eeels home ground.

I was with the Penrith Army (complete with trumpet player Dan)

Panthers were doing well.

Nearby was a young lady in an Eels jersey.

When it became obvious that Panthers were giving the Eels a bath. She took off her jersey and underneath was a PENRITH PREMERISHIP TEE SHIRT.

Did that poor girl get given some grief.

Hence my saying 'Some folks have jerseys for all 16 clubs in their wardrobe, as they follow WINNERS'
You wouldn't need an Eels jersey.

Even when they're the best they choke.

One of the worst:

Penrith v Bulldogs at Penrith way back in 2001.

At the end of the game (which the Panthers lost by the way, a familiar scenario in 2001), there was an Intellectually-disabled gentleman on the family hill, who was a Bulldogs supporter, being egged on by a group of idiots to start a fight. One of the idiots even went up the bloke and flicked his prescription glasses off his face and ran off like a coward. Thankfully security were around.

Here's the twist.....the group of idiots were fellow Bulldogs supporters!!

franklin2323

Immortal
I saw similar to that at the old Kogarah. I think in 98 a group of Dragons fans started on this another group including pregnant women

Biggest irony was Knights fans calling us Banjos etc in 2010....Made the win on the bell so much better

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Another one I recall I think it was during the ME years. This game at ANZ.

Against South Sydney. Nearby almost toothless SS 'fans' continually heckling calling us riff supporters 'Bogans' and the like.
I swear it too 30 supporters to see a full set of teeth.
What made this even funnier was when the lady secuity guard arrived having all of 3 teeth in her heard, and bright red lipstick.

Best of all we won that night at ANZ and saw off some angry, almost toothless Bogan South Sydney supporters. :eek::):D

franklin2323

Immortal
Another one I recall I think it was during the ME years. This game at ANZ.

Against South Sydney. Nearby almost toothless SS 'fans' continually heckling calling us riff supporters 'Bogans' and the like.
I swear it too 30 supporters to see a full set of teeth.
What made this even funnier was when the lady secuity guard arrived having all of 3 teeth in her heard, and bright red lipstick.

Best of all we won that night at ANZ and saw off some angry, almost toothless Bogan South Sydney supporters. :eek::):D

30 teeth... Would be the whole stadium?

Tronald Crump

Juniors
One of the worst:

Penrith v Bulldogs at Penrith way back in 2001.

At the end of the game (which the Panthers lost by the way, a familiar scenario in 2001), there was an Intellectually-disabled gentleman on the family hill, who was a Bulldogs supporter, being egged on by a group of idiots to start a fight. One of the idiots even went up the bloke and flicked his prescription glasses off his face and ran off like a coward. Thankfully security were around.

Here's the twist.....the group of idiots were fellow Bulldogs supporters!!

Utter scum.

murraymob

Coach
Mine is a Souths supporter
I get my paper every morning from Minchinbury paper shop.A guy who also gets his paper there early started giving it to me for being a Penrith convict and went on and on .Now he is a known for abusing people from other teams
The guy who owns the shop is a top guy and asked him to leave .He then says come outside so I did he never come out .Seen him a few times after he bows his head and mutters Penrith are shit .Not a great advert for the bunnies is this bloke

Fangs

Coach
2005 prelim NQ v Parra. Raging favourites were absolutely obliterated by the Cowboys in a result that only Eels fans could see coming.

Parra supporter was going absolutely berserk. Was by himself and I could see why. He was biting down hard on his thumb then standing up and bashing the living shit out of his seat. Somehow his thumb wasn't bleeding which I couldn't work out.

franklin2323

Immortal
2005 prelim NQ v Parra. Raging favourites were absolutely obliterated by the Cowboys in a result that only Eels fans could see coming.

Parra supporter was going absolutely berserk. Was by himself and I could see why. He was biting down hard on his thumb then standing up and bashing the living shit out of his seat. Somehow his thumb wasn't bleeding which I couldn't work out.

Eels fans are a special breed afterall

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just this morning a bloke on twitter not happy with Alioli didn't play last week. His partner had just had a baby, and a photo of baby shows a nasal gastric tube up the little ones nose. Now these type of tubes are only put down if a newborn is quite poorly.

This bloke and his mate carrying on about why Alioli didn't play last week against the Panthers, 'when a player chooses not to play in a do or die game, and chooses not to, he's not captain material.'

I thought perhaps this sums up some W/T 'fans'. What a lack of compassion.

Latest posts