What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Benchie in the Game

Best Benchie in the Game ?

• Total voters

thuganomics

Coach
It's between Craig Wing, Michael Sullivan, PJ Marsh and Dean Widders.

My vote goes to Widders. His performance tonight justifies my answer.

Kiwi

First Grade
There are others that should probably get a mention, but there probably isn't a point. Just have Widders as the only choice, because he is on fire currently.

Tommy Smith

Referee
First of all, why is Wing an option? He's only a benchie in rep footy.

And secondly, considering he is an option how can people not be voting for him? I mean Widders is good but Wing is an Australian rep.

Doesnt surprise me though....90% of fans are so fickle and have no idea. A large majority of fans now consider Johns the best footy player in the world....3 months ago nearly everyone said Lockyer was the best. That is inspite of the fact that Joey, injuries aside, always was a class above.

Similarly, Widders plays some good games off the bench and all of a sudden he's by far and away the best benchie in the game! Better than Craig Wing!

Oh well, give it a few weeks, do the same poll again, and im sure a new flavour of the month will have arrived.

C.P

Juniors
ATM Widders is the best in the NRL. He gets Parra going everytime he comes on

Kiwi

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
First of all, why is Wing an option? He's only a benchie in rep footy.

And secondly, considering he is an option how can people not be voting for him? I mean Widders is good but Wing is an Australian rep.

Doesnt surprise me though....90% of fans are so fickle and have no idea. A large majority of fans now consider Johns the best footy player in the world....3 months ago nearly everyone said Lockyer was the best. That is inspite of the fact that Joey, injuries aside, always was a class above.

Similarly, Widders plays some good games off the bench and all of a sudden he's by far and away the best benchie in the game! Better than Craig Wing!

Oh well, give it a few weeks, do the same poll again, and im sure a new flavour of the month will have arrived.

Yeah it's called form, something wing currently doesn't have.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Kiwi said:
Yeah it's called form, something wing currently doesn't have.
The question is who is the best benchie, not who is currently the best. Besides Wing has been going ok.

And if form is the only guide then i guess we'll see Anasta at 5/8 instead of Lockyer for Aus, right? Unless of course the selectors take into account the "form is temporary, class is permanent" argument.

Surely they wont, surely they will go with Anasta considering all the hype aroud him lately instead of Locky who's performed great for Australia for many years. Just in the same way Widders is the best benchie in the game.:rolleyes:

White Poiner

Coach
sullivan did wat widders did tonight all last year. difference is eels have a better team than we had last year.
potentially sullivan could be the best, but he aint playing that good this year, so go for widders because he is the only one in form.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
The question is who is the best benchie, not who is currently the best. Besides Wing has been going ok.

And if form is the only guide then i guess we'll see Anasta at 5/8 instead of Lockyer for Aus, right? Unless of course the selectors take into account the "form is temporary, class is permanent" argument.

Surely they wont, surely they will go with Anasta considering all the hype aroud him lately instead of Locky who's performed great for Australia for many years. Just in the same way Widders is the best benchie in the game.:rolleyes:

Do you read what you are typing??:rolleyes:

Widders has been performing for the last year for the eels of the bench wing has never had as much impact of the bench as widders and he never will so i guess he is the best benchie in the game..
Its a tad hypothitical you calling other league supporters fickle

Tommy Smith

Referee
Y2Eel said:
Do you read what you are typing??:rolleyes:

Widders has been performing for the last year for the eels of the bench wing has never had as much impact of the bench as widders and he never will so i guess he is the best benchie in the game..
Its a tad hypothitical you calling other league supporters fickle
Wing never had as much impact off the bench? Funny that, because i thought hes been going alright for NSW over the last 3 years being a matchwinner off the bench. And for Australia, too.

Sure, Widders has been in great form this year.

But when it comes down to it, if i could choose one of them to have in my team it would be Wing. A no brainer really.

RABK

Referee
Wing ain't one of the best benchies....he's one of the best players in the world full stop.

Zeb

Juniors
Widders easily at the moment, no comparision. When Sonny comes back for the dogs Widders will have a serious contender, thats if he's on the bench though

Y2Eel

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
Wing never had as much impact off the bench? Funny that, because i thought hes been going alright for NSW over the last 3 years being a matchwinner off the bench. And for Australia, too.

Sure, Widders has been in great form this year.

But when it comes down to it, if i could choose one of them to have in my team it would be Wing. A no brainer really.

Did nothing for the blues this year or last year gower did more in 1 game then he did in 5 for the blues....

whats he done for the australian team??
he's best use for the Roosters and nsw is to cover for any injured players looked at the roosters this year playing 5/8 for the retired freedy..

he is a fill in player not a impact player...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Zeb said:
Widders easily at the moment, no comparision. When Sonny comes back for the dogs Widders will have a serious contender, thats if he's on the bench though

would easily say sonny if he wasnt injured...