What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best buy of 2014

Understandable to not go out of your way to watch Panthers games haha. With all our forward talent in 2014 we can't possibly play 2 hookers.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Segs got through a fair workload for the Panthers. Would have been better if he got more game time, but that's not really his fault. He never looked like he was being lazy when he was on the field, some games he was better then others. But he always put in 100% and even on an off day looked close to creating something.

Kingston... meh. He puts in 100% and is a good role model for kids. But he has been an ineffective first grade hooker since 2012 IMO. Had the odd good game in 2013, but for the most part he's just gotten too slow to be an effective hooker, and probably half his passes are forward. It didn't help when he played mostly second row/lock... he should have been dropped back to Windsor and only been used for depth IMO. Hopefully that's his role in 2014. We can't carry him in the second row when we have the likes of Peachey, Robinson, Docker, Cartright, Vaipuna Tia Kilifi, Cherrington etc. competing for bench spots.

Yeah Segs got through a fair workload for the Panthers. Would have been better if he got more game time, but that's not really his fault. He never looked like he was being lazy when he was on the field, some games he was better then others. But he always put in 100% and even on an off day looked close to creating something.

Kingston... meh. He puts in 100% and is a good role model for kids. But he has been an ineffective first grade hooker since 2012 IMO. Had the odd good game in 2013, but for the most part he's just gotten too slow to be an effective hooker, and probably half his passes are forward. It didn't help when he played mostly second row/lock... he should have been dropped back to Windsor and only been used for depth IMO. Hopefully that's his role in 2014. We can't carry him in the second row when we have the likes of Peachey, Robinson, Docker, Cartright, Vaipuna Tia Kilifi, Cherrington etc. competing for bench spots.

Hey, if it's good enough for the Australian Captain....

Franko

Juniors
Some other good signings will be be. Farrell from Souths to Dragons. Peats Souths to Parra.

Joel Thompson will probably be a good signing for the Dragons.

Now Idris for the Panthers should be handy.

Franko

Juniors
I'm really excited about having Nathan Peats as our hooker. I know he's "nothing special", but he's a competitor, he's tough and he's miles ahead of Keating.

But I am expecting Hopoate to be our best. He's a freak.

Peats will be the first player I pick when it comes to fantasy nrl this year.

Loudstrat

Coach
Seriously, this thread is like Kmav's first sexual encounter - premature. We can only judge after a fair chunk of the season has passed.

I'm happy with who we have TBH - happier that the NRL didnt step in to f*ck it all up like they did last year. Im especially looking forward to Mossop. Pommy test forwards of late have done very well out here. I epect that if he is anything like Ellis was for Wests, he'll aslo lift blokes like Mannah and Lussick, which will give the halves more room, which will serve Hayne, Hoppa, Tonga, Morgan et al better.

I reckon Barba wont be the buy that Milford will be for Brisbane. Tomkins comes with plenty of focus on him. But overall I think Saints picking up Widdop has been the best shopping trip so far.