What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Canberra side ever

Kris_man

Bench
Prodigiousman said:
And as for Todd - how old are you Kris Man? just out of interest? I can totally understand if you rate Davico higher if he was in the team as you grew up, but if you saw Brent Todd he was a worker and an 80min man - that's what in truth got him in ahead of Lomax, Pongia and Davico. Sure the onus was on props to play longer minutes but if you have seen any of him with regularity (outside of maybe one game) Todd was the leader of the Raiders engine room - he was senior to Lazarus up front.
exactly - and i admit that, i haven't seen much of Brent Todd play (apart from a vague one of him running out as captain of the Kiwis in a test against Aus). one i remember vividly, though, thanks to my 89 GF tape, is that pass he threw which got intercepted and created Balmain's first try. but i'm not dissing Todd, my comments are more of a reflection of who much i rate Davico, not how much i diss Todd, cos i don't diss him at all.
ball boy said:
kris priddis did play for australia while playing at the raiders
i know. what do you think, i'm stupid?? but it was for Super League, they probably didn't have anyone else to pick. maybe i'm wrong there, though. one thing i do know is that we axed Priddis to keep Woolford as our long term option at hooker. yeah, prodigiousman, it may have been the wrong choice, i don't argue with that, but Woolford's still been a great hooker for us, and i think while they were both playing for us, they were of a very similar standard. so "think about the options before you criticise", i did, and i thought Woolford.
Kris Man - you're just after a confrontation - you seem to thrive on them...
oh gee, thanks for the insight :roll: farrr, don't take it so personally!

greeneyed

First Grade
They could have picked Woolford instead of Priddis for Australia, but they didn't. Priddis has proven to be the better of the two over their careers IMO, and Priddis has been more successful in winning Grand Finals too.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh i think woolford is a top player but in hindsight priddis has come on more
when he left i think they wre pretty equal so i wasnt that phased at the time

Raider Azz

Bench
Hetherington was a great player, and a top bloke to boot. My dad used to have season tickets next to his parents.

Latest posts