What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Comeback in NRL history?

ChipNChase

Juniors
Who do you think has made the best comeback after returning from injury or hiatus overseas? Not talking about the performance of the team when they came back either, just them in particular...

lolesi

First Grade
Jason Smith for Canberra after a couple of seaons will Hull is a good one..
Adam Dykes as a roughie, couple rough years of injury at Parramatta, no consistency to now playing some of his best footy at Sharks atm.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Jason Smith comes to mind. Brad Clyde would have been a good one if Wayne Pearce hadn't taken him horse riding.

Mal Meninga coming back again and again after constantly breaking his arm stands out for me though.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Timmins. the bloke was out for almost two years, was lucky to be walking, and came back in great form which lasted for a few years till he went back to being mediocre

Timmo after being out of the game for 18 months or so with a chronic knee injury. His next two seasons were fantastic, but it's catching up with him now.

Craig Smith currently with the Knights

Agree with Jason Smith - unbelievable

Scott Prince after all the injury problems he had at the Broncos & Cowboys

Mr Saab

Referee
Ricky Stuart 1993. Broken ankle rnd 21 vs the eels, then came back better than ever in 1994 to spearhead a champion raiders backline to a GF, lead NSW to a 2-1 origin series win, and regain his halfback spot from Langer.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Walt Flanigan said:
Mal Meninga coming back again and again after constantly breaking his arm stands out for me though.

Yep. I remember him breaking his arm against the goal post on the old seiffet oval. Don't know what year.

*Paul*

Juniors
gunnamatta bay said:
Yep. I remember him breaking his arm against the goal post on the old seiffet oval. Don't know what year.

It was against Manly in 1987. Pissing down as I recall. I also recall David Ronson, the very modestly talented Manly centre, making what seemed like the only clean break of his career.

Bernster

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Alfie Langer SOO3 a few years ago, 2001 wasn't it?

I remember driving home from Touch Football when it was announced that Alfie was making a SOO comeback and I was thinking..."WTF"!!!

Green Machine

First Grade
Gavin Miller from Hull HR back to Cronulla, NSW and Australia
Any of Mal Meninga’s arm breaks
Steve Mortimer leading NSW in 1985

Green Machine

First Grade
gunnamatta bay said:

And Australia against the Rest of the World game in 1988
In the 7’s 1989

Frailty

First Grade
Green Machine said:
Gavin Miller from Hull HR back to Cronulla, NSW and Australia
Any of Mal Meninga’s arm breaks
Steve Mortimer leading NSW in 1995

Just letting you know of the typo.