What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Comeback in NRL history?

Frailty

First Grade
Agree with CliffyIs God...

Albert has done some good things, but no where near a great comeback, let alone the best. Hope he has a blinder on sunday though!

Young Elias

Juniors
Prince after those 2 shocking broken legs. Led a team of unknowns to the grand final and got man of the match.

Thurston rates after being a semi nobody at the Doggies.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Mick Vella, know he hasnt been as outstanding as others mentioned, but to overcome what he did i believe deserves a mention alone.

DeeGan

Bench
As a one off, Allan Langer in the 2001 Origin decider.

As for a game, the Canberra Raiders in the 88 Grand Final.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
A lot of good ones have already been mentioned, but Adam McDougall comes to mind after copping a big injury at Newcastle in 2002.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Comeback... as in they would've had to be 'upthere' in the first place. That eliminates the likes of Thurston and Prince.

Meninga after his numerous arm breaks. Even with a matress strapped to his arm, lead the raiders to 3 winfield cups.
Alfies return from England for 1 game
Reni Mutuia lol

Jordan

Juniors
Allan Langer for in game 3 State of Origin 2001 is as good as it gets..

... if you're a Queenslander that is :)

ByRd

First Grade
i agree when people are saying Alfie and Joey last year, best comeback game has to be Prelim final 1998 Doggies/Eels...what a game that was!!! :)

Big Pete

Referee
Andrew Johns comeback in 2005. Even I doubted he'd be able to play his best but Johns sure proved me wrong and he sure made it hurt too.

Allan Langer Origin 2001 is still a good story and it would've been a fitting end to his Australian career.

Inferno

Coach
Got to be Brad Fittler 2006 to resurrect the hopes of the Roosters...

Bank on it ;-)

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Allan Langer returning to tear NSW a few new assholes. A mate told me at work when it was announced and I thought he was pulling my leg.