What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Eels Podcast?

Gronk

Staff member
You’re the one that called him a good human not me.
Tim has always been the gentleman of rugby league. Is that a surprise to anyone? Of course not.

I see nobody has given DA a nod too. After everyone attacked him for replying “I don’t know” to the question of why our 2009 team went on a run, Mannah shared what DA did that helped the sudden form flip.

How dare me for not mentioning that I guess, the poor guy is in a wheel chair.

Avenger

Immortal
Tim has always been the gentleman of rugby league. Is that a surprise to anyone? Of course not.

I see nobody has given DA a nod too. After everyone attacked him for replying “I don’t know” to the question of why our 2009 team went on a run, Mannah shared what DA did that helped the sudden form flip.

How dare me for not mentioning that I guess, the poor guy is in a wheel chair.
I was the biggest Daniel Anderson fan and was livid they sacked him. Go back and check if you wish.

I too however think that Tim Mannah although regressing in his final years is all class and a Gentleman. He was treated poorly as was, Moi Moi, Nathan Brown and a few others. I think Alvaro also left without much dignity.

All these players can’t be wrong but what is evident is the common denominator in all of this. His analogue systems sprinkled with nastiness and a hint of bullying.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was the biggest Daniel Anderson and was livid they sacked him. Go back and check if you wish.

I too however think that Tim Mannah although regressing in his final years is all class and a Gentleman. He was treated poorly as was, Moi Moi, Nathan Brown and a few others. I think Alvaro also left without much dignity.

All these players can’t be wrong but what is evident is the common denominator in all of this. His analogue systems sprinkled with nastiness and a hint of bullying.
Bevan French, Jai Field, Tom Opicac. These blokes definitely deserved more love as well I reckon.

hindy111

Post Whore
So you’re the White Knight for Tim Mannah now ? Do you want me to screenshot every time you wanted him boned ? How many times he made an appearance in the shit list ? FFS you are so obsessed with the former coach that you are going after me cos I’m not an arm flapper. Silly boy. Just as silly as you accusing me of acquiescence.

giphy.gif

The big blow up red man gif. f**k.
Is this good or bad?

Gronk

Staff member
I was the biggest Daniel Anderson fan and was livid they sacked him. Go back and check if you wish.

I am not defending what happened. I would love all the players to stay and become one club players, but do you really want it to become an old people's home ? No, you want a well run cap with a competitive team every year.

I thought it odd that you said it was "convenient" that I was apparently protecting BA (which is BS and just you two looking for fights), meanwhile how many players at our club in the last month have been told they can leave ?

Reg has spent half his 10 year career with the Eels and there are crickets about him being tapped.

Jnr has played 10 of 13 years with the Eels and everyone on here wants to chip in for cab fare.

Sivo - after 6 years not one soul says anything to support him, but he is truly a nice guy too !

Then there are the weasel words like "yeah but he was well paid" or "he was stealing a living !" which somehow explains away poor treatment.

So we have the upsets now about how some are treated and not about others. This week, anyone who has left the club in the last decade is fair game to slot into the "unfairly treated by BA" category. But let's ignore those that need to be chopped this year for the good of the club ? That seems "convenient".

As I said in the other thread, when Bennett got rid of King Wally, he was a genius. From Wally's POV, he was stripped of the captaincy in 89 and forced out of the club he loved. To this day, Wally hates his guts. These days, when a player is reaching the end of his time, people still sight Brisbane as being the benchmark for the management of their older players.

Avenger

Immortal
I am not defending what happened. I would love all the players to stay and become one club players, but do you really want it to become an old people's home ? No, you want a well run cap with a competitive team every year.

I thought it odd that you said it was "convenient" that I was apparently protecting BA (which is BS and just you two looking for fights), meanwhile how many players at our club in the last month have been told they can leave ?

Reg has spent half his 10 year career with the Eels and there are crickets about him being tapped.

Jnr has played 10 of 13 years with the Eels and everyone on here wants to chip in for cab fare.

Sivo - after 6 years not one soul says anything to support him, but he is truly a nice guy too !

Then there are the weasel words like "yeah but he was well paid" or "he was stealing a living !" which somehow explains away poor treatment.

So we have the upsets now about how some are treated and not about others. This week, anyone who has left the club in the last decade is fair game to slot into the "unfairly treated by BA" category. But let's ignore those that need to be chopped this year for the good of the club ? That seems "convenient".

As I said in the other thread, when Bennett got rid of King Wally, he was a genius. From Wally's POV, he was stripped of the captaincy in 89 and forced out of the club he loved. To this day, Wally hates his guts. These days, when a player is reaching the end of his time, people still sight Brisbane as being the benchmark for the management of their older players.
It should be unlawful to use Bennett and BA together in any discussion. Also do you actually expect the club to announce a player has been tapped on the shoulder? That does not happen at any club.

Hopefully any confirmed departing player will be announced at our last home game this Saturday but if no deal has been done what do you expect them to do? Add to the speculation ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Please, Mannah is hardly the first or last player to be cut by their coach...and the relationship goes sour.....happens at every club......we actually benefited from it this year with Lomax and Flanagan who are hardy on speaking terms.......

anyhow you seemed pretty supportive of BA.....

He also didn’t give Tim Mannah a send off game. I wouldn’t have either. He was stealing a living from us for at least 3 seasons.
Tim Mannah comes across as a dufus and a softcock. How he was ever our captain is one of the wonders of the league world. I couldn’t finish the interview.

He also didn’t give Tim Mannah a send off game. I wouldn’t have either. He was stealing a living from us for at least 3 seasons.

• I salute BA for making the tough call on Mannah. We are a better side without him.

He was the last of the won nothing loser generation. Towards the end he really stunk up the place and when I see pictures of him in promotional videos with some of our greatest players I cringe.

Avenger

Immortal
There is no issue about sacking a player. It’s how it’s done that’s the problem. I wasn’t a fan of Mannah as he was past it but he still deserved to do it with dignity. Even Mannah said the team was winning so he can understand why he didn’t get back in the side however he still needed to communicate with him.

I’ve sacked a heap of staff but I didn’t bully them or stop speaking to them. I’m pretty sure Beetson retired as a player in reserve grade and wasn’t given a send off but do you think Jon Peard who was the coach at the time, stopped speaking to him?

Avenger

Immortal
The irony is that both BA and Mannah overstayed their welcome. BA more so. The difference is that Mannah still loves the club, you reckon BA does?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There is no issue about sacking a player. It’s how it’s done that’s the problem. I wasn’t a fan of Mannah as he was past it but he still deserved to do it with dignity. Even Mannah said the team was winning so he can understand why he didn’t get back in the side however he still needed to communicate with him.

I’ve sacked a heap of staff but I didn’t bully them or stop speaking to them. I’m pretty sure Beetson retired as a player in reserve grade and wasn’t given a send off but do you think Jon Peard who was the coach at the time, stopped speaking to him?
He was never sacked, he was dropped.

Graham asks him was he told why, Mannah says he doesn't want to get to much into that. Then mentions wasn't given much feedback.....doesn't sound like no one was speaking to him.....

For all we know, Mannah was acting like a dick about it, ....he is mates with Hayne....and didn't take the dropping to well...

Anyhow sounds like there is a few different sides to it, which we well never know about....

interestingly he was self managing himself according to the interview at the time and wanted to sign with the tigers, but still wanted to return to his post playing job with the eels. Which I am assuming was part of his contract he wanted to break....

Latest posts