What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Film Hot Potato...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Murray has been in so many great movies...he doesn't really have a signature role.

It will not be regarded as his finest movie, but gee I love "What about Bob?"

Roger Moore
Murray is a rare genius. His signature roles for me were in Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation which is one of my all time favourite movies.

No one could have played those roles as well as him. His dry wit and sense of humour is unique.

As for Roger Moore I only know him through Bond and my favourite of his would have to be The Spy Who Loved Me.

Daniel Day Lewis.

Willie Ray

Bench
Murray is a rare genius. His signature roles for me were in Groundhog Day and Lost in Translation which is one of my all time favourite movies.

No one could have played those roles as well as him. His dry wit and sense of humour is unique.

As for Roger Moore I only know him through Bond and my favourite of his would have to be The Spy Who Loved Me.

Daniel Day Lewis.
The Last Of The Mohicans.

Sam Elliot

Just a quick aside - Sam Elliott’s name has come up twice now, & both times, the next respondent has nominated Road House as his best movie.

Now, God knows I enjoy that gorgeous trainwreck of a movie as much as any of us, but my God, people! This guy was in Tombstone & The Big Lebowski! :rofl:

nöyd

Staff member
Just a quick aside - Sam Elliott’s name has come up twice now, & both times, the next respondent has nominated Road House as his best movie.

Now, God knows I enjoy that gorgeous trainwreck of a movie as much as any of us, but my God, people! This guy was in Tombstone & The Big Lebowski! :rofl:
Fair play, but when Val Kilmer was mentioned, somebody posted that Heat was his best work, even though he was criminally robbed of any worthy award nominations for stealing the show in Tombstone (for which he is universally loved).

My opinion but I think the thread title may be better as "favourite film hot potato, not "best".

Fair play, but when Val Kilmer was mentioned, somebody posted that Heat was his best work, even though he was criminally robbed of any worthy award nominations for stealing the show in Tombstone (for which he is universally loved).

My opinion but I think the thread title may be better as "favourite film hot potato, not "best".

I think in retrospect, you are right.

Wizardman

First Grade

Road House would get played at least once a year in my dvd player...lol. Love that movie.

Latest posts