What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Film

G@v

Juniors
Greatest song? That was hard to name. What are the greatest films ever made and which is your particular favourite, the one you never tire of watching.

I love watching It's a Wonderfull Life, especially the bit where he wishes he had never been born. Goodfellas, a modern day classic. I like the Ealing comedies, the best IMHO was Kind Hearts and Coronets, Alec Guinness at his best! But my favourite is Twelve Angry Men, great drama, great acting.

B

Bomber

Braveheart
Schindlers List
The Dish
The Castle
Crocodile Dundee I

Think of a few more later....

L

legend

Aliens, The Godfather and The Untouchables. I saw it on tv again last week and realised what a great movie it is. De niro is outstanding as Al Capone. A truly great fim with an excellent scene at the train station with Costner and Garcia.

TheSaint

Juniors
The Great Escape, Braveheart (despite the fact some caracters existed 100 years a part from each other), Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, El Cid, Snatch,Star Wars Episodes 4-6 the IndianJones Trilogy and In The Name of The Father

In no particular order...(& will no doubt be added to al-la the song thread
emsmile.gif
)

The Blues Brothers
Trainspotting...(That dead baby doll gives me the creeps every time!)
Pulp Fiction
Natural Born Killers
Any Given Sunday
Gone In 60 Seconds (Original or remake)
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects
The Lost Boys
The Breakfast Club
Snatch
Happy Gilmore

Special mention also to Pammy Anderson in that stunning, & much underated home movie!
emwink.gif

O

ozbash

best movie i have ever seen is one i cant remember the name of.it was about a boy who was separated from his parents doing the ww2. he ends up in a pow camp with a tin aeroplane as his only possesion from home, he was a hard little sod and got involved in the black market while all the time looking out for mum and dad.when the allies released everyone the bit where he was reunited with his parents is something i.ll never forget.
anyone know the name of it????
others,,
the colour purple
merry xmas mr lawrence
gladiator
the perfect storm
and at this moment , i,m watching "vertical limits" which looks bloody great.

P

pepe

it's to hard to single it down to one particular movie,here are a few favourites

-silence of the lambs
-pulp fiction
-reservoir dogs
-midnight express
-wizard of oz
-gladiator
-last of the mohicans
-dances with wolves
-goodfellas
-platoon
-apocolypse now
-missisippi burning
-heat
-how i learned to love the bomb(stanley kubrick)

pepe

El Duque

Bench
In no real order

Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects
Pulp Fiction
The Deer Hunter
Goodfellas
Raging Bull
The Bad Lieutenant
Rocky
Taxi Driver
Evil Dead II : Dead by Dawn
Meet The Feebles
Bad Taste
Kentucky Fried Movie
Go
LA Confidential
Star Wars Trilogy
The Sixth Sense
True Lies
Ben Hur
Apocalypse Now
The Godfather I and II

Just to name a few
emsmile.gif
emsmilep.gif

G@v

Juniors
Tony, I think the film you refer to is 'Empire of the Sun'. It was an autobiographical account of auther JG Ballard's childhood in Shangai during WW2.

El Duque

Bench
Are you being sarcastic about Vrtical limit Ozbash???I hope so
Temeura Morrison playing a Pakaistani???Puhlease,this is a shite movie.Nearly as bad as bloody Blair witch.

M

mud n blood

I'm a big sci-fi and "cult" classic fan ..... once again, in no particular order !!!!

<u>Sci-Fi</u>
Rollerball (original James Caan version)
Forbidden Planet (Faultless classic!)
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Robinson Crusoe on Mars (How many of you know this one?)
2001 - A Space Odyssey
Battlestar Galactica (altho' hopelessly outdated)
Alien (Still pack shit like I did as a ten year-old!)

<u>War</u>
The Longest Day
Guns of Navarone
Dirty Dozen
The Big Red One
Tora Tora Tora
Battle of Midway
Sink the Bismarck
Saving private Ryan

<u>Cops and Wobbers</u>
All 5 "Dirty Harry" Movies (My fave actor .... he is da man!)
Lethal Weapon flicks
Seven
Point Break
Speed

<u>Epic</u>
Braveheart
Ben Hur
The Longships
The Robe

<u>Chick Flicks</u>
Valley Girl
Grease
Blue Lagoon

<u>Blood n Guts</u>
Evil Dead &amp; part-2
The Never Dead
All slasher flicks ..... Freddie Kruger, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myer &amp; Norman Bates ..... legends one and all!
Scanners
The Thing

<u>Classics</u>
Casablanca
Gone with the Wind
The longest night

<u>Giggles ....</u>
Flying High
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Wedding Singer
Any John Belushi movie ....

Just a few to start .....................

P

pepe

mud,how can you put in battle of midway and tora tora tora and leave out platoon and apocolypse now.

i remember my saturday night visits to the caloundra strand to watch those 2 movies,i was quite young at the time, i think dad just wanted to get rid of my brother and i for a few hous.

W

Warrior

Here are a couple of my favs:
<ul> [*]Saving Private Ryan [*]The Matrix [*]Dogma [*]Seven [*]All the Star Wars movies [yes, even the first one] [*]The usual suspects [*]Pulp Fiction [*]Reservoir Dogs [*]The Sixth Sense [*]Happy Gilmore[/list] yeah, that'll about do it.

The greatest movie of all time is Duck Soup. It ran a little more than an hour but it contains so many of the Marx Brothers best routines - the Lemonade Stand, the Mirror, etc.
Groucho (as commander of the army of Fredonia) "Three men and a woman trapped in house under enemy fire - send help immediately. If you can't send help send two more women"
And Margaret Dumont is sensational (as always).
Cheers
Bigbopper C

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Anything with Victor Mature in it.
('the Robe' included, Mud &amp; Blood)
One down to earth actor.
It's no coincidence that 'mature' and 'manure' sound very similar... such was the genius of the man.

imported_Wayne

Juniors
I'm a huge fan of Robin Williams films.

From Good Morning Vietnam to Dead Poets Society most of his movies are excellent.

Tom Hanks has been in some beauties too.

Latest posts