What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best footy show?

Best Footy Show?

• Thursday Night Footy Show

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Matty Johns Show

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • NRL on FOX

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Sunday Roast

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Sunday Footy Show

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters

Ladmate

Bench
I reckon the Sunday Roast is the best, it's an hour of solid footy talk, with comedy and expert opinions. What do you guys reckon?

Royce Gracie

Juniors
Nrl on Fox & Sunday Footy Show.

I cannot watch variety television on thursday night even if I wanted to.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Thursday night footy show for mine.

I would say the Sunday Roast, but i'm usually still sleeping.

I'm not sure you can call the Matty Johns show a footy show.

But I enjoy NRL on Fox although its slipped since last year and the Sunday Roast is good value.

JT_

Juniors
Sunday Roast seem to talk about the key issues. Too bad i never catch it these days.

Eels Dude

Coach
Never watched NRL on Fox. The Roast has been going downhill the past year or so. So I vote sunday footy show but that will change if they continue to use guffawing idiots like Joey and Freddy as guest hosts each week.

Eels Dude

Coach
Tv ratings speaks for itself

How so? Prime time televsion is going to rate higher without a doubt because that is when most people are watching tv. The Matty Johns show will draw more viewers than the Footy Show simply because more people are watching tv at 7:30 than they are at 9:30. And more people are watching tv at 9:30 in the evening than there are at 11am on a sunday morning. So without taking that into account then you're wrong the ratings don't speak for themselves.

Scarves

Juniors
I reckon the best footy shows are those Monday night Pre-Post game shows, they really talk good footy and review the games properly, Fox do this well on Saturdays and Sundays as well. The Roast is good but it can be done better, they need someone on their that panel that really polarises opinion... The best all rounder at the moment is NRL on FOX but even that was better about 3 years ago, it had more analysis back then.

watatank

Coach
Definitely NRL tactics. :lol:

I remember an episode where they analysed Jamie Soward's kicking game...when he's in the Dragons half, he stands deep. When he's in the opposition half he stands shallow...and showed two videos to back that up. that was it :lol:

gsweeper

Juniors
Sunday Roast = Awesome viewing
Thursday Night Footy Show - Picked its game up this year, not minding it at the moment
NRL on Fox - Good, but not as good as it used to be
Sunday Footy Show - Always Solid
Matty Johns Show - Pure Crap in terms of Football talk/Content, too much of a variety show based around NRL players
NRL Tactics - Pure analytical, a good watch.

Sunday Roast is probably my favourite at the moment, followed closely by both Footy Shows...

Lambretta

First Grade
I used to think NRL on Fox was the better show, but its slipped

Since they merged the formats of NRL Teams and NRL Tactics into the single NRL Tactics show that has come on in leaps and bounds.

I'd still say the Roast has it, though I never get the chance to watch tv on a Sunday lunchtime, so I've only ever seen it four or five times times tops.

Fein

First Grade
I used to think NRL on Fox was the better show, but its slipped

Since they merged the formats of NRL Teams and NRL Tactics into the single NRL Tactics show that has come on in leaps and bounds.

I agree with this, Tactics I prefer now to NRL on Fox, Phelan has taken it down a few pegs.

Barefoot better than them all.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I voted Sunday Roast. Unlike a lot of people, I actually don't mind Vossy - yes, he's arrogant. But I think he's passionate about his footy and he makes good points.

MG and Gus are always welcome. I despise TK - he thinks he's Matthew Johns Mark II or something.

But the format is great - footage of old games, dealing with the game's issues and there's a light-hearted feel to it without relying on idiotic sketches.

Great show.

Danish

Referee
Personally I like nrl tactics myself.

Nrl on fox is probably 2nd, and Sunday footy show 3rd. Can't stand the roast anymore.... If I wanted to listen to biase agenda driven shock jocks I'd tirn on 2GB