What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best games you have or watched

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Yawn, tired of the negativity and nonsense thought I would try something positive.
So its summer and I usually whack on the tapes and dvds and watch the mighties win!!

Last night I watched Dragons v Bulldogs and Dragons v Broncos 2010.

God they had some crisp attacking flair and the defence as hard as a rock
Special mention to the Morris boys punch up, great fun.
Like to hear others opinions on good games they have watched and special moments.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
2005 Round 23 v Broncos at Suncorp Stadium is one of my all time favourite regular season games.

I still remember being so hyped when Trent Barrett broke the line and did an in and away on Karmichael Hunt and ran to the tryline untouched for first try.

PerthDragon

Juniors
Agree with you there OT, but was unfortunately born on the end of that wonderful record.
For me the 77 GF, 77 Replay was great memory because I was there with my mum as a kid. Just the 2 of us. (Gee I wish I had kept that dragons flag from the day) and I remember sitting below the Sheridan Stand behind the posts and this crazy bald guy was going absolutely ballistic! in stand bashing the metal sheeting. ha ha,
79 and most definitely the 2010 GF. Was there with best mate I traveled OZ with.. Just on that 20m line where Gaz scores our first try..
Hallelujah to those days and those great games.

Emu01

Juniors
Apart from the GF in 2010.The 1977 grand final and replay was a ripper for me as it was my first 2 games supporting the Red v.I remember 2 absolute classic matches in the 96 semifinals against the roosters and the other against the Bears..

Both games the Dragons were under dogs both games were very entertaining The unexpected wins are the best.Mark Bell scored some great long range tries on the wing..

tumbidragon

First Grade
2006 qualifier Vs broncos, 2010 prelim Vs Wests and 1999 prelim Vs Sharks, purely for entertainment factor.

2010 GF for most memorable and satisfying. Still remember the feeling of euphoria and later feeling bullet proof in the weeks to follow lol. Being 30, I'd only known heartache from 92,93,96,99,05,06 and 09... That Sunday of Oct. 3rd is a day i'll cherish until the day I die...

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Agree with you there OT, but was unfortunately born on the end of that wonderful record.
For me the 77 GF, 77 Replay was great memory because I was there with my mum as a kid. Just the 2 of us. (Gee I wish I had kept that dragons flag from the day) and I remember sitting below the Sheridan Stand behind the posts and this crazy bald guy was going absolutely ballistic! in stand bashing the metal sheeting. ha ha,
79 and most definitely the 2010 GF. Was there with best mate I traveled OZ with.. Just on that 20m line where Gaz scores our first try..
Hallelujah to those days and those great games.
In 77 I think it was the SMH maybe the Mirror had a Dragon iron transfer which my friends and I all put onto white T shirts.
We were in front of the Brewongle stand and I remember when Tony Quirk had just taken the shot at FG and it was heading towards the posts and we all thought we were going to win I threw my mate up into the air but when it hit the cross bar I forgot to catch him.
We were all full of soup rolling around on the ground in disbelief especially when they announced it was going to be a replay.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I cannot go past 1977 and Baths Babes. The GF replay against the Eels after the 1st ever drawn GF.....I was there for both at the SCG and it was unbelievable. I will never forget the try scored by a runaway John Jansen under the posts and the Dragons fans went nuts. Final score 22 to Nil Dragons sweet victory in what was historical.
And if that wasn't the best feeling ever......back to the SCG again in 1979 for the next GF win against the Dogs. Those were the days!!! Now we are lucky if we win 2 games in a row.

Bench
Has to be the 1977 replay, was in the Sheridan with a bunch of parramatta supporters, they were very quite that day

Old Timer

Coach
Never sat in the Sheridan Stand very much as you had to go down the stairs and around behind it to get a beer.
Was there in 73 when Kenny Wilson kicked the field goal for Newtown to beet us 1- 0.
Wasn't enough beer in the bar that day I can tell you.

PerthDragon

Juniors
In 77 I think it was the SMH maybe the Mirror had a Dragon iron transfer which my friends and I all put onto white T shirts.
We were in front of the Brewongle stand and I remember when Tony Quirk had just taken the shot at FG and it was heading towards the posts and we all thought we were going to win I threw my mate up into the air but when it hit the cross bar I forgot to catch him.
We were all full of soup rolling around on the ground in disbelief especially when they announced it was going to be a replay.
That was an amazing game for sure and
Wow OT thanks for the memory jolt. I remember those transfers now :) they were brilliant. I did have one now you jogged the memory but that flag mum bought me at the reply. Even stuck together a bit unrolling it but it was bloody pride and joy.

Oh the bald guy I mentioned was that famous Skull . That True Dragons Nutcase LoL

Great memories for great times of our club.
Wow now that is a blast from the past. I do remember getting a transfer from the paper now you mentioned it. Pretty sure I wore a shirt with that on it to the GF now you've mentioned it .Thanks for the flashback :p . Gee they weren't stingy back then were they. The great chewy in the cards also we collected ha ha.
The bald guy was obviously the famous Skull which I realized later on. He was nuts and totally revving up the crowd. The excitement down there as a kid was just awesome.

Still wish Id kept that bloody flag though LoL

Old Timer

Coach
I never saw this game but remember listening to it with my Dad on the short wave radio.
We used to listen to the footy and the cricket when we could pick up the signal.
This little treasure shows the might of St George in respect of Australian rep teams, the reason why we signed Tony Branson and a perfect little cameo from Noel "Ned" Kelly.
The great Bishop and Millward showcase something we don't have, namely a pair of combining halves.

BennyV

Referee
My first game live was a Dogs vs Dragons at Belmore in 1996. We won. Mundine backflipped. Was great times.

Recent times, other than 2010 GF, the 2012 ANZAC game was the best I've been to.

emu62

Juniors
That was an amazing game for sure and
Wow OT thanks for the memory jolt. I remember those transfers now :) they were brilliant. I did have one now you jogged the memory but that flag mum bought me at the reply. Even stuck together a bit unrolling it but it was bloody pride and joy.

Oh the bald guy I mentioned was that famous Skull . That True Dragons Nutcase LoL

Great memories for great times of our club.
Wow now that is a blast from the past. I do remember getting a transfer from the paper now you mentioned it. Pretty sure I wore a shirt with that on it to the GF now you've mentioned it .Thanks for the flashback :p . Gee they weren't stingy back then were they. The great chewy in the cards also we collected ha ha.
The bald guy was obviously the famous Skull which I realized later on. He was nuts and totally revving up the crowd. The excitement down there as a kid was just awesome.

Still wish Id kept that bloody flag though LoL

Thanks PD ,good memories. Spent many a time in the Sheridan,half tanked, singing Saints chants with Skull,He was a real character that's for sure

Emu01

Juniors
Thanks PD ,good memories. Spent many a time in the Sheridan,half tanked, singing Saints chants with Skull,He was a real character that's for sure
Skull still goes to games at Kogarah! I saw him on the hill when we played the storm in the first home game of 2015. Had a chat to him. He is a top bloke he'd be in his 70's now..

It took me back to when I was a kid and skull was barred from Kogarah oval. He would stand outside the fence and look over to watch the game yelling and swearing he was a funny bloke..

I remember him leaning over the fence with a five dollar note and say go get me a pie and can of coke to any kid on the hill..This was the early 80's..

since77

Juniors
My first game live was a Dogs vs Dragons at Belmore in 1996. We won. Mundine backflipped. Was great times.

Recent times, other than 2010 GF, the 2012 ANZAC game was the best I've been to.

I have never heard a crowd noise like the one at that Anzac Day game in 2012 after we scored the try to take the game. The crowd almost literally exploded.

Most memorable game I've been to (due to the combination of importance and tension) was the SF with the Tigers in 2010.

denis preston

First Grade
Skull still goes to games at Kogarah! I saw him on the hill when we played the storm in the first home game of 2015. Had a chat to him. He is a top bloke he'd be in his 70's now..

It took me back to when I was a kid and skull was barred from Kogarah oval. He would stand outside the fence and look over to watch the game yelling and swearing he was a funny bloke..

I remember him leaning over the fence with a five dollar note and say go get me a pie and can of coke to any kid on the hill..This was the early 80's..

Ha Ha, Skull had a tree he climbed and we used to call the young guys his Hitler youth !!

Old Timer

Coach
Skull would not be the best example of our fan base.
No doubt he is passionate about St George but not what you might say the person you would want your family to sit next to.
No doubt time mellows us all but Ross has an awful lot of baggage.