What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best hands / worst hands in the NRL

Wizardman

First Grade
In your opinion, who has the best / worst hands in the NRL? Past and present players.

Most players these days in the nrl have great hands. The best would have to be Greg Inglis....the guy never drops them in attack, great retrieval skills for bad passes and rarely drops a high ball in attack or defence.

The worst would be Eddy Pettybourne, The guy has hands like feet. Watch very carefully at how close he runs to his dummy half....the guys coordination is so poor. The guy should be running through walls but is so worried about catching the ball. Honorable mention goes to Ben Pomeroy.

Best in past is prob Andrew Ettinghausen. Worst would have to be his ex-centre partner in Russell Richardson. I cannot believe he played for Australia....awful hands which proved to be his career undoing in the end.

Worst Hands would be a toss up between Manu Vatuvei and Marika Koroibete. Both are good for several drop balls under next to no pressure.

Iafeta

Referee
Worst hands - G Bird. Kept breaking his good scotch glass by dropping it repeatedly.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Matt Bowen is pretty amazing, Before him David peachey. Saw them both pick up rolling balls on the fly that could have gone anywhere.

Tim brasher was the best under the high ball I've ever seen, certainly from a defensive point of view.

For worst hard to past Manu vatuvei, Daniel vidot isn't far behind though.
Don't know if many watched the foundation cup trial on the weekend but I saw the worst 30mins of handling of all time from tigers sub center taqele Naiyaravaro (no.26) I think he dropped it 6 times and held it once.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
best hands would have to be aiden tolman.

perfect nails, never broken a bone so perfectly straight fingers, and pretty sure he uses moisturiser regularly.

being touched with those hands is being like caressed by an angel.

101995-aiden-tolman.jpg

Danish

Referee
Sam Burgess would be up there for worst hands... you just wouldn't know it as most times when he drops the ball he manages to get a stripping penalty.

Cameron Smith would have the best hands. A hooker that can go an entire season (or close to it) without a single handling error is basically superhuman

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Dave Taylor. Guaranteed to drop at at least twice a game. Everyone remember origin where he could've almost had a try and butchered the easy pickup?