What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best kick EVER

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hazem El Masri 20th minute vs Sharks. Unbelievable angling. Glad we're resigning him.

The wind at TP is just amazing.

Timmah

Staff member
Two tries today mate, 93 career tries.

Where are Parra coming?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He has kicked 2/5 this afternoon, unlike El Masri. I rate him the best kicker in the game, spose the gale force winds have something to do with it.. 8)

Ben

Bench
johns's 50 metre out goal and also the one from the sideline ten metres out and curved the ball in

NPK

Bench
What about Lockyer's 40/20 kick that would have hit the corner post if it wasn't bent! :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
ben said:
johns's 50 metre out goal and also the one from the sideline ten metres out and curved the ball in

...With no wind or very little at all.

He aimed that kick I made reference to perfectly. While he may only have kicked 4/8 today, given the conditions and constant bad angles he was forced to kick at, he impressed me. And before anyone tells me how Hilder had a better success rate, let me remind you where hilder kicked all of his goals from. In front.

Casting me mind back, not even Halligan's sideline in 1998 against Parra, or El masri's against Newie in 02 impressed me as much as todays attempt did. mastermind.

newmanj

Juniors
El Masri actually scored 3 tries today. Very tidy performance.

I actually believe the best kick ever, was Mick Cronin V Newtown in the 1981 Grand Final. Into a gale force wind, converted Brett Kenny's first try. Best Kick Ever.

But i am biased. :D

grouch

First Grade
Great kick, quite spectacular. However I remember a better one. Jason Taylor at North Sydney Oval, about 1998 I think. From the right touchline, with the wind blowing hard - straight into his face. That meant the kick would curve in the opposite direction of El Masri's. Factoring in the natural right-to-left curve of Taylor's kicks, and the fact that he had to put it deep into the teeth of that gale, the angle he was working with was minute in the extreme. He nailed it. Best kick I've seen.

Fibroman

First Grade
He is the best goal kicker I have seen. You don't have to be a superstar in general play when you can win games for your team with your boot.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Jason Taylor's kick in 1998 at the SFS against the Roosters was a good kick and also Andrew Johns' kick in 2002 from 50m at Marathon Stadium.

Latest posts