What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Kicker: NRL v AFL

Chook Norris

First Grade
AFL kickers are better.

Kicking is the focal point of their sport therefore it is reasonable to expect them to be better at it.

Different games. Different skill sets required

AFL players are better at some things, while NRL players are better at other things. Kicking they are not.

lol.. as aforementioned, Slater beat Brett Deledio in an AFL kicking challenge

Benji just won for the NRL again :p

user_nat

Coach
I would say the average AFL player is better than the average NRL player.

Mainly cause most forwards aren't great.

user_nat

Coach
nice person

So you actually think that your average NRL forward (Anthony Watmouh, Steve Price, Fui Fui, Sam Thaiday, Ben Hannat, Micheal Weyman, Carl Webb ect ect the list goes on and on) is actually a better kicker than people who have to kick in their sport? Even most of the forwards that do goal kicking (Corey Parker, Craig Fitzgibbon) aren't fantastic at kicking in play.

I don't even know a lot about AFL, but I'm pretty sure most players have to be able to kick on some level. Most NRL players do not.

Doesn't mean that the best NRL kickers arn't better than the best AFL kickers.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Brett Deledio is not one of the better kicks in the AFL. Slater is the best chip and run kicker in the NRL.
what on earth is that? and no.. if you're talking about best 'chip n chase' he is not.. one chip kick in SoO 4 years ago does not imply that at all.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And Benji isn't even one of the best kickers in the NRL, how much would have Soward or Lockyer won by????

nomarg

I would say the average AFL player is better than the average NRL player.

Mainly cause most forwards aren't great.

Did you see the props pentathalon.....

George rose and Carl Webb kicking from the sidelines, chip and chase and 60 meter drop kicks.........

I would say the avreage AFL is a pussy....:lol:

mavdog

Juniors
An NRL player is going to win this ninety percent of the time. The place kick went out of the game about eighty years ago.