What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best league team ever?

Raider_69

Post Whore
your game
already thrown moggles in there!!

i would have had belch at fullback and mullo's in the centres

other than that its pretty sweet team

sydraider

First Grade
I think mogg will rise to greatness, he tore the roosters apart in that last game of the reg season. I see your point though, like i stated i could have made 2 teams with all the champions we have. Mogg is just a personal favourite of mine, i dont expect all to agree, thats cool though :)

McSharkie said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
McSharkie said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
McSharkie said:
Fittler isn't better than Lewis was. Fittler is third behind Daley. He is third behind Raper and Clyde at lock too.

In your opinion. You probably think Franze is a good player! :lol:

I think Franze has potential. I certainly wouldn't mention him in the same breath as Brad Fittler. Fittler is a deadset champion and I have always enjoyed watching him play. It's a shame he plays for the Roosters. In my opinion he isn't as good as Lewis or Daley. I don't care what your opinion is because as you can see from a different thread, over 90% people believe that what you say on here is wrong. :lol:

I'd be very worried if the people who posted on this site agreed with me. I'd be doing something very wrong! :D

No. Once again you take the "everyone's wrong but me" stance. You are wrong. You are always wrong. You don't have an objective bone in your body. Nothing you post here can be read with an ounce of respect for it because it is too one eyed. Try taking off your Roosters jumper for a second. Trying looking in from the outside. Try being objective, just once.

That's funny. :lol:

sydraider said:
I think mogg will rise to greatness, he tore the roosters apart in that last game of the reg season. I see your point though, like i stated i could have made 2 teams with all the champions we have. Mogg is just a personal favourite of mine, i dont expect all to agree, thats cool though :)

Tore us apart? He scored a try. Who won again? :lol:

Bluebag

Juniors
Everlastin Anarchist,

I think Manfred did not play enough games to qualify for most people. He did play in a winning superbowl team though.

To all those terrific and loyal Knights fans it was funny to select Buderus and Harragon in the side, it would depend on the rules but the chief with all due respect is overated. He is not the most skilful nor toughest or hardest player and Buderus is a terrific player but unlike hookers of years gone by he does not need the all round game they had.

legend

Coach
I know everyone has been waiting for my team so here goes:

Belcher
Grothe
Meninga
Daley
Ettingshausen
Kenny
Sterling
Ray Price
Clyde
Sironen
Webcke
Walters
Lazarus

Res: Fittler, Renouf, Harrogan, Roach.

ball boy

Bench
Rooster Cogburn. said:
sydraider said:

he made that cat heggerty go off having a sook

Roosterphin

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
greeneyed said:
Wing a better hooker than Steve Walters? :roll:

my point exactly
which spud came up with that idiotic idea?!

I did and I think Wing is much better than Walters. Defensively just as good and much, much better with ball in hand

ball boy said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
sydraider said:

Boo hoo. :lol:

Roosterphin

Juniors
ball boy said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
sydraider said:

Mogg is a good player - ex Reddy boy - but could never be put in the best League team ever. R U mad?

McSharkie said:
Fittler isn't better than Lewis was. Fittler is third behind Daley. He is third behind Raper and Clyde at lock too.

How do you know. Lewis never came to Sydney to play week in week out against the best there was. Sure at Origin level and playing for Australia he was nothing short of great. I rate Brett Kenny as better than Wally. They played 12 times against each other in Origin and it was 8-4 NSW. Kenny won premierships with Parramatta. I have no doubt Wally was a great in QLD. But the question mark will always remain as to what would have happened had he had to play at that level every week.

My side which is an Australian side only.

Churchill
Grothe
Cronin
Brown
Dimond
Kenny
Johns
Raper
Coote
McCarthy
Lazarus
Krillich
Beetson

Res
Langlands
Messenger
Roach
Burge

Roosterphin

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
McSharkie said:

How do you know. Lewis never came to Sydney to play week in week out against the best there was. Sure at Origin level and playing for Australia he was nothing short of great. I rate Brett Kenny as better than Wally. They played 12 times against each other in Origin and it was 8-4 NSW. Kenny won premierships with Parramatta. I have no doubt Wally was a great in QLD. But the question mark will always remain as to what would have happened had he had to play at that level every week.

Churchill
Grothe
Cronin
Brown
Dimond
Kenny
Johns
Raper
Coote
McCarthy
Lazarus
Krillich
Beetson

Res
Langlands
Messenger
Roach
Burge

Agree with Wally not coming to Sydney but he is still the only man to dominate SOO....no one else has come close. SOO is regarded as the highest level of footy so no doubt Lewis is the best.

drake

First Grade
But that was the standard argument at the time, that the queensland based players did not have to contend with the rigours of the sydney based comp which was a lot more demanding.

Roosterphin

Juniors
drake said:
But that was the standard argument at the time, that the queensland based players did not have to contend with the rigours of the sydney based comp which was a lot more demanding.

Mate the Brisbane comp was also a pretty good standard

In-goal

Bench
still surprised no one has mentioned Hanley the way he carved up when he was at Balmain, infact he was there best IMO until he was dealt with if you know what i mean.

Roosterphin said:
Southern Rooster said:
McSharkie said:

Churchill
Grothe
Cronin
Brown
Dimond
Kenny
Johns
Raper
Coote
McCarthy
Lazarus
Krillich
Beetson

Res
Langlands
Messenger
Roach
Burge

Agree with Wally not coming to Sydney but he is still the only man to dominate SOO....no one else has come close. SOO is regarded as the highest level of footy so no doubt Lewis is the best.

When defining the highest level of football it all deoends on what era you are talking about. In the 50's and 60's and even the 70's TEST football was the highest level.

There is doubt that he is the best. As there is no definitive answer and there never will be. When judging the best it is all down to video's opinion and stats. All we can do is offer reasons why we think one is better than the other. Doesn't mean they are necessarily though.

As for the QLD comp yes it was a high standard, but not as high as the NSWRL competition according to players who played in both.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
Roosterphin said:
Southern Rooster said:
McSharkie said:

Churchill
Grothe
Cronin
Brown
Dimond
Kenny
Johns
Raper
Coote
McCarthy
Lazarus
Krillich
Beetson

Res
Langlands
Messenger
Roach
Burge

When defining the highest level of football it all deoends on what era you are talking about. In the 50's and 60's and even the 70's TEST football was the highest level.

There is doubt that he is the best. As there is no definitive answer and there never will be. When judging the best it is all down to video's opinion and stats. All we can do is offer reasons why we think one is better than the other. Doesn't mean they are necessarily though.

As for the QLD comp yes it was a high standard, but not as high as the NSWRL competition according to players who played in both.

Southern Rooster dont get me wrong I agree with your sentiments. But Wally is the best Ive seen and even though I am a rooster fan I believe that he was better than both Daley and Freddy

drake

First Grade
Roosterphin said:
drake said:

but it wasn't at the same level as NSWRL at the time. I'm only repeating what 'experts' were saying at the time. The NSWRL was definately a much higher profile competition, and at the time, if I remember right, the sydney teams were playing in multiple 'cup' competitions at the same time.
Thus Sydney players would play an Origin game after having a much heavier work load than the QLD boys.

The Colonel

Immortal
Despite being very young at the time I can still remember Bob Fulton playing and I would put him ahead of all Kenny and Lewis with Daley fourth. Fittler is one of the best however I think one of those four would get the nod ahead of him at their best.

However its a very hard task trying to compare eras - you could name teams from the 50's to now that would not be out of place amongst the best ever.

Roosterphin

Juniors
drake said:
Roosterphin said:
drake said:

but it wasn't at the same level as NSWRL at the time. I'm only repeating what 'experts' were saying at the time. The NSWRL was definately a much higher profile competition, and at the time, if I remember right, the sydney teams were playing in multiple 'cup' competitions at the same time.
Thus Sydney players would play an Origin game after having a much heavier work load than the QLD boys.

Dont think the gap was that big to justify why Wally went so well in SOO. i mean many players stepped straight from BRL into the NSWRL with ease.