What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best looking Warriors outfit ever... They'll win it all!

BPS

Juniors
Since you're so good at telling us how great each player is, suppose you tell us how the Warriors can keep all those players under the cap????????

and STILL be looking at Eastwood and Pritchard?

especially when your management has a great record of fudging the cap.

Iafeta

Referee
They still come out and play a shocker too often for my liking. When they're on they'll beat anyone, but when they put in one of their shockers, they're dead set awful. I'm not saying that they have to be at their best every week, but the gap between them are their best and them at their worst is far too large.

Except for Melbourne, Manly and Brisbane, I'd love to hear your comments on all the other clubs in the NRL seeing as the Warriors, who have shockers and are dead set awful, have the 4th best record over the past 3 years. Care to give us your views on them?

They've had maybe 3-4 games where they've been beaten by 25 plus in that period. Three of them were last year when they were carrying some injuries.

2b2s, Matt Jobson was with us for 2004. John Carlaw was a good performer for us IMO.

BPS, you goose. That was the previous management. Wayne Scurrah's track record is no breaches under the salary cap. He arrived to the club and moved quickly to make admissions once he had sighted the club's records. Mick Watson was a media prima donna, Wayne Scurrah is completely different. If you followed league, you would probably know this already.

mxlegend99

Referee
Add in the factor that they could still possibly sign Greg Eastwood - wow. Also rumours still exist Frank Pritchard could be on the cards also.
There's no way that the Warriors could get Frank Pritchard with the money they have tied up in all the other players. He has made it pretty clear he is interested in the big dollars and the only way he could be kept in the NRL if he was getting money close to what he could get overseas.

Unless ofcourse his stabbing incident from a couple years back comes to prevent him being accepted into the country.

Except for Melbourne, Manly and Brisbane, I'd love to hear your comments on all the other clubs in the NRL seeing as the Warriors, who have shockers and are dead set awful, have the 4th best record over the past 3 years. Care to give us your views on them?

They've had maybe 3-4 games where they've been beaten by 25 plus in that period. Three of them were last year when they were carrying some injuries.

When a Melbourne, a Manly or a Brisbane side puts in a poor performance by their standards, at times they still perform well enough to win games. Look at the 2008 Warriors, they picked up 2 wins against the Storm, yet got knocked over twice by the Bunnies.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
dont have the halves to win it

That settles it. Moffo has written them off, so they are now going to win in a canter.

Seriously, Moff. Don't have the halves???? There is more depth in the Warriors halves this year than I've ever seen at any club.

youngun

Juniors
The Warriors are my prediction this year for the title, I think they have the size and aggression to take on any team up front, some exciting backs with The Beast finishing off tries left, right and centre, Stacey Jones (whilst possible past his best will inspire his team) and then The Sunny Fai Factor, they are a real threat this year.

Iafeta

Referee
When a Melbourne, a Manly or a Brisbane side puts in a poor performance by their standards, at times they still perform well enough to win games. Look at the 2008 Warriors, they picked up 2 wins against the Storm, yet got knocked over twice by the Bunnies.

I didn't ask you about Melbourne, Manly or Brisbane. Let me remind you of what you said;

They still come out and play a shocker too often for my liking. When they're on they'll beat anyone, but when they put in one of their shockers, they're dead set awful.

I asked you your opinion of the other teams.

Given that you labelled the Warriors having too many shockers, and that they can be dead set awful, given they have the fourth best record over this time I merely wanted to hear what you considered of the other 12 teams in the NRL competition. I can't imagine it'd be too flattering.

Simple question, simple answer will suffice.

Iafeta

Referee
There's no way that the Warriors could get Frank Pritchard with the money they have tied up in all the other players. He has made it pretty clear he is interested in the big dollars and the only way he could be kept in the NRL if he was getting money close to what he could get overseas.

Unless ofcourse his stabbing incident from a couple years back comes to prevent him being accepted into the country.

Unless the Warriors were able to offer him Steve Price's salary for 2010, and didn't have many wage increases, I can't see how they could afford to make him an offer that wasn't well below his market value. Pritchard won't be a Warrior in 2010, there's been more talk of him heading elsewhere other than the Warriors. BPS is talking drivel.

Iafeta

Referee
Since you're so good at telling us how great each player is, suppose you tell us how the Warriors can keep all those players under the cap????????

and STILL be looking at Eastwood and Pritchard?

especially when your management has a great record of fudging the cap.

For the record, Eastwood would be a direct replacement for Epalahame Lauaki's cap space who is going to Hull.

They're not looking at Pritchard.

2black2strong

Juniors
2b2s, Matt Jobson was with us for 2004. John Carlaw was a good performer for us IMO.

Haha, Yeah I was thinking of Justin Morgan. Matt Jobson was the first salad dodging, cheese cake loving white boy that popped into my head. I agree that John Carlaw was one of our most consistent and solid performers that year, but he was no Rep player I guess was the point I was trying to make.

BPS you're a tool. They're off loading Lauaki and maybe Witt and if Eastwood's visa gets rejected he isn't in any position to be negotiating prices etc. No other NRL club will be able to fit him in their caps at such short notice and I don't expec it to be long term. This squad won't be together any longer than this year I'd expect, and if Price retires as expected, he frees up nearly half a million in the cap.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I think this year is gonna be big for the Warriors. Depth is the key and this year they seem to have that in spades. Whichever cliche you wanna trot out whether it's experience vs. youth, ball players vs calm heads, raw talent vs established plays, leadership vs freestyle, backs v forwards, spine vs good support men, converse 6 vs 7 playing style, etc etc etc the Warriors have all of it. Then there's the Sonny Fai factor, his name will be embroidered on ever official jumper and with 23,000 fans turning out to two trial games (including one in the rain) it looks all on for the Warriors.

Will they ride the wave from the New Zealand World Cup win?

What do you think...

I think I speak for most of the league community when I say; I don't think that the warriors can win unless Sonny Fai makes a come back!

Sonny Fai was the next big thing! His dedication, commitment and professionalism is not something that the warriors will be able to overcome this year!

My concern now is for the future of the warriors! The return to Rugby union could be the only way for Noozooland :)

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
I think last years win in Melbourne forshadowed something big from them this year. I believe they may go close to a GF spot, if not further. They are going to be impossible to beat in NZ.

Given that you labelled the Warriors having too many shockers, and that they can be dead set awful, given they have the fourth best record over this time I merely wanted to hear what you considered of the other 12 teams in the NRL competition. I can't imagine it'd be too flattering.

Simple question, simple answer will suffice.

The Warriors win/loss record over this period, whilst being very good, for a team with the talent and ability that they possess, it could definitely be better. They've won 53% of games in that time period, when with their ability they could be winning closer to 60% but they have dropped a few too many games against wooden spoon contenders which they should have won. The other 12 teams all have not boasted a unit with as much strike power or ability to be able to achieve such a high win percentage.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
The Warriors win/loss record over this period, whilst being very good, for a team with the talent and ability that they possess, it could definitely be better. They've won 53% of games in that time period, when with their ability they could be winning closer to 60% but they have dropped a few too many games against wooden spoon contenders which they should have won. The other 12 teams all have not boasted a unit with as much strike power or ability to be able to achieve such a high win percentage.
It just goes to show, that all games are not equal. The warriors are no where to be seen when it matter!

The warriors aren't doing that Sydney harbour swim as part of their training are they? Could be any number of mishaps!

It just goes to show, that all games are not equal. The warriors are no where to be seen when it matter!

The warriors aren't doing that Sydney harbour swim as part of their training are they? Could be any number of mishaps!

Mate get some integrity - A young guy drowned saving others lives. This was an heroic act - not something to make jokes out of. Im pretty sure if we dropped you off in south Auckland and let you say a few of your jokes it wouldnt be long untill you would be smiling with no teeth or in a coma/ or worse.

League is tough game and the best game on planet becuase of the people who play it. Dont disgrace our game with your sh@t head attitude.