What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best matchday 17 for nations of the last 30-40 years

Brian potter

First Grade
Samoa/Western Samoa*

1. Anthony Milford
2. Brian to’o
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Inga tuigamala
5. Francis meli
6. Jarome luai
7. Willie Swann
8. Apollo perelini
9. Monty betham
10. Junior Paulo
11. Tony tatupu
12. David fa’alogo
13. Iosia soliola
14. Tea ropati
15. Sam kasiano
16. Vila matautia
17.willie poching

*broken my own rules by picking players currently still playing.

Matua

Bench
David Solomona was very underrated in the Kiwis team. Matt Utai was a handful for the kangaroos. Not naming Ali Lauititi is a shocker. He's probably the greatest kiwi second rower. Clinton Toopi is also another player I liked during the Kiwis dominant era against the stacked kangaroos team
He doesn't compare in greatness to Mark Graham. Greatest Kiwi-Samoan second rower maybe? :)

Also, Solomona would likely struggle to make a top 10 of Kiwi props.

I'm with you on Toops though. Although the more I think about it the more I land on Iro and Bell as centres (seems really odd to not have Bell starting). If we do a mid 90s cut off them Toops and Vagana would be my centres.

Clarkent

Juniors
He doesn't compare in greatness to Mark Graham. Greatest Kiwi-Samoan second rower maybe? :)

Also, Solomona would likely struggle to make a top 10 of Kiwi props.

I'm with you on Toops though. Although the more I think about it the more I land on Iro and Bell as centres (seems really odd to not have Bell starting). If we do a mid 90s cut off them Toops and Vagana would be my centres.
Maybe it's a bit of bias from me but David Solomona was a very skillful forward. I didn't get to see Mark Graham play, but geez Ali Lauititi was called the Michael Jordan of rugby league for a reason 😏

Matua

Bench
Maybe it's a bit of bias from me but David Solomona was a very skillful forward. I didn't get to see Mark Graham play, but geez Ali Lauititi was called the Michael Jordan of rugby league for a reason 😏
Not discounting Solomona, good player, but in Kiwi greatness does he compare with Bromwich, Wiki, Asotasi, Cayless, JWH, Matulino, Vagana, JFH, even Blair who often ignored his club form for the Kiwis, and back in the day the likes of Tamati, Todd, Pongia, Lomax etc?

Without selecting him for the Kiwis you can save him for your Samoan team. ;)

Graham is acknowledged as the greatest Kiwi to play the game (maybe Stacey rivals him now) so hard to overlook him. If it's modern era then Ali is the man.

Clarkent

Juniors
Not discounting Solomona, good player, but in Kiwi greatness does he compare with Bromwich, Wiki, Asotasi, Cayless, JWH, Matulino, Vagana, JFH, even Blair who often ignored his club form for the Kiwis, and back in the day the likes of Tamati, Todd, Pongia, Lomax etc?

Without selecting him for the Kiwis you can save him for your Samoan team. ;)

Graham is acknowledged as the greatest Kiwi to play the game (maybe Stacey rivals him now) so hard to overlook him. If it's modern era then Ali is the man.
Benji is the goat for me tbh achieved a lot in that Kiwis jersey

Latest posts