What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best of the Back Five

Version IV

Juniors
I doubt anyone here at the start of the season, would be saying that they believed Sione Katoa would be our best player in the back 5, but he is a standout, he scores the tries when you want, them damn safe under the bomb, he attacks the ball, great runs coming out of our own half.

The guy has improved out of sight, well done Big Sexy

imasharkie

Coach
I doubt anyone here at the start of the season, would be saying that they believed Sione Katoa would be our best player in the back 5, but he is a standout, he scores the tries when you want, them damn safe under the bomb, he attacks the ball, great runs coming out of our own half.

The guy has improved out of sight, well done Big Sexy
NOW all we need is a 100% improvement in Ronaldo, especially defence OR find another decent winger.

Eion

First Grade
NOW all we need is a 100% improvement in Ronaldo, especially defence OR find another decent winger.
Geez, tough on the kid. A mistake or 2 early, but didn’t let it get to him. Good runs and PCM, good pressure takes when it counted. 2 tries that weren’t gimmes.

The try down his side was 100% Dugan farkup, where he missed his tackle bringing Ronaldo in.

He’s still got a heap to learn, but don’t underestimate his value in enthusiasm and heart (along with Rudolph) to this group.

chewsta

First Grade
He is going great, I mentioned this before and it was on show again last night but his defence has improved out of sight. Always sliding, yelling and pointing like a lunatic at who Ramien should be hitting. He was doing this at one point and then made a try saving tackle on his opposite winger, I think SJ helped to put him into touch as well but it was all Katoa getting the numbers right and making sure he covered his own man.

Ronny should watch closely and learn to do the same.

Version IV

Juniors
The game we played against Broncs, Katoa had most game experience of the back 5, and he actually played like he had 100 game experience.

President Trump

Juniors
Was great to see him make that big break last night that led to the final try for Ronaldo - although I did LOL when he was surrounded by cover defence and he ran around in a circle - reminded me of his more comical performances early in his career.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I gotta put my hand up and say I doubted that Katoa had what it took early on but more than happy to have been proven wrong. I assumed that Ronny would be the one to make the cut out of those two and I believe that he probably will but I currently shit myself every time the play goes over his side. Still very early days and he will get it right imo. I swear he must get bruises from how hard he thumps his chest when he scores or we win the game. 10 out of 10 for passion.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I gotta put my hand up and say I doubted that Katoa had what it took early on but more than happy to have been proven wrong. I assumed that Ronny would be the one to make the cut out of those two and I believe that he probably will but I currently shit myself every time the play goes over his side. Still very early days and he will get it right imo. I swear he must get bruises from how hard he thumps his chest when he scores or we win the game. 10 out of 10 for passion.

You've already made your point .

Card Shark

Immortal
Always sliding, yelling and pointing like a lunatic at who Ramien should be hitting. He was doing this at one point and then made a try saving tackle on his opposite winger, I think SJ helped to put him into touch as well but it was all Katoa getting the numbers right and making sure he covered his own man.

Ronny should watch closely and learn to do the same.

Good observation.

He sure understands the importance of communication.

Ronaldo just thinks he needs to do it all himself.

Card Shark

Immortal
Was great to see him make that big break last night that led to the final try for Ronaldo - although I did LOL when he was surrounded by cover defence and he ran around in a circle - reminded me of his more comical performances early in his career.

I think the running around in circles in this instance was as much a sign of improvement in his game as anything.

Could easily have went for a miracle play but thought best to kill some time & retain possession.

Version IV

Juniors
I think the running around in circles in this instance was as much a sign of improvement in his game as anything.

Could easily have went for a miracle play but thought best to kill some time & retain possession.

He was looking for support buying his team time

jc155776

Coach
See the effort he is making communicating in defence? Pointing to runners and gaps etc. He is rapidly improving.

carinashark

First Grade
The whole team is learning and improving , next year will be huge. Or we could fu%+ it all up and get a has been coach.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dugan is the best back 5 player. By a country mile.

Katoa has done good and has improved exponentially but apart from being top try scorer doesn't compare to Duges overall.

Latest posts