What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best parra jnr you saw as a Junior

hindy111

Post Whore
Just wondering who was the best player you saw as a junior coming thru.
For me it was Jamie Lyon.Not that ive seen a lot of under 20s or the old under 21's but i remember watching him a few times and he was somthing special .

Gronk

Staff member
Danny Sullivan
Mick Delroy
David Penna

are a few that come to mind.

btaag

Juniors
Jaime Lyon played underage in the 1998 Presidents cup Grand Final and then played juiniors in 1999/2000 before making first grade in the same year. In this time he was superb, the best talent I saw coming through - you knew he would be an elite talent, and he was. Shame he had a pea heart and (non-footballing) brain.

Danny Sullivan would have to be the biggest 'what if' for me as well (glad he is getting many mentions). He came through at the same time as Lyon and was the backrow equivalent to him. Such a tragedy he got golden staff in his reconstructed knee, such a shame.

PS - any mention of Chris Lawler is welcomed - a bright spot of 1995 and 1996 - his missed field goal against Easts in 1996 will never be forgotten

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penna.

But I stopped watching lower grades in about 1999. I started smoking behind the bike sheds with the cool kids.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Chris Lawler.

Geez when you go back to the 90s there's plenty of names you throw in and you could laugh about it. But Chris Lawler was one of the positives of 1995 when we finished 2nd last. Promising player, had plenty of ticker and a good goal kicker.

I remember 1996 he got even better with his performances, and that near field goal against the Roosters. How close was that??

What a shame he only played 1 game in 1997 and that was the end of his career.

parra pete

Referee
Bob O'Reilly
Denis Fitzgerald
Keith Campbell..

From the 'good old days'...three locally produced juniors who went on to play for Australia.
Brett Kenny wasn't too bad either...btw

Latest posts