What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best signing of 2006

Best signing for 2006

• Matthew Orford ( Melb to Manly )

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Braith Anasta ( Dogs to Roosters )

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Ashley Harrison ( Souths to Roosters )

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Steve Bell ( Melb to Manly )

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Joe Galuvao ( Penrith to Souths )

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Michael Crocker ( Roosters to Melb )

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Brian Carney ( UK to Knights )

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Ben Ross ( Penrith to Sharks )

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Ryan Ohara ( Canberra to Tigers )

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Keith Galloway ( Sharks to Tigers )

• Darren Mapp ( Broncos to Sharks )

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Darren Albert ( UK to Sharks )

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Sam Harris ( Manly to Tigers )

• Jamaal Lolesi ( Dogs to Tigers )

• Daniel Holdsworth ( Saints to Dogs )

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Stu Webb ( Roosters to Souths )

• Tom Leahroyd Mars ( Brisbane to Canberra )

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simon says

First Grade
Bah.....Crocker(Im assumin you dont mean Croker from the Raiders) is an idiot.He cant help but bring trouble,and the Storn plays a style of game that dies if they get penalised.

I think he could be more harm than he is worth for them.

simon says

First Grade
Im not so sure about Ross either...seems to spend a lot of time on the sideline and gives away a few penalties per game.If he can cut out the silly stuff he is top class,but.....did you see the push on the ref??Gee I thought he was lucky to get away with that.Thats the kind of silly stuff he ge ts into.

simon says said:
Bah.....Crocker(Im assumin you dont mean Croker from the Raiders) is an idiot.He cant help but bring trouble,and the Storn plays a style of game that dies if they get penalised.

Could be.

But the Storm has a culture that turns reject hot heads into great team players (most of the time :lol:)

simon says

First Grade
Like who???Who are these hotheads that the Storm has shown the light to???

I cant think of any....

simon says said:
Im not so sure about Ross either...seems to spend a lot of time on the sideline and gives away a few penalties per game.If he can cut out the silly stuff he is top class,but.....did you see the push on the ref??Gee I thought he was lucky to get away with that.Thats the kind of silly stuff he ge ts into.

Nah I don't see enough games. Only FTA ones... Gonna get Foxtel next year.

simon says said:
Like who???Who are these hotheads that the Storm has shown the light to???

I cant think of any....

Chan, King (made him a star), Matt Rua, Nikau. Just to name a few.

Maybe hot heads was not the right term.

How about the Storm has a histroy of getting the best out of the players that play for them. ;-)

simon says

First Grade
Pffft....like I thought......youve got nothing.Chan is in more troublw at the Storm than he was at Parra.

And those other bloke werent hotheads.

All the Storm is good for is pilfering talent from other teams juniors.

Mr Saab

Referee
simon says said:

people said that about Hodges for the broncos, but he has been a clean skin all yr in terms of niggle and stupid penalties.

Crocker could change down at the storm...he will be out of the public eye and at a new club. Sometimes it takes the change of a club to change ones habits and attitude

simon says said:
Pffft....like I thought......youve got nothing.Chan is in more troublw at the Storm than he was at Parra.

And those other bloke werent hotheads.

All the Storm is good for is pilfering talent from other teams juniors.
]

Yep junoirs that other teams discard. :roll:

unreasonable git.

simon says

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
people said that about Hodges for the broncos, but he has been a clean skin all yr in terms of niggle and stupid penalties.

Crocker could change down at the storm...he will be out of the public eye and at a new club. Sometimes it takes the change of a club to change ones habits and attitude

Very good point.....BUT....Hodges did have a fairly good record with Bennett prior to his Rooster days,I dont remember any silly stuff at all....when he went back there it was easier to fit back in under Bennett.

But.......Crocker has always been a nut,and I think the Storm have got him for that reason,to niggle and play that agro game that he does.I just think that this could Storm a lot of trouble,they lose their momentum once the penalties start and they rely on momentum more than any other team I have seen.

Guess we will have to wait and see how it pans out,but surely if you by Crocker you want him to play like he does.Not try and tone him down.

Jamaal Lolesi. I think he will add a bit to an already impressive backline for the Tigers. Has done well wherever hehas ended up at in the past.

Corbin

Juniors
I rekon Carney to knights then Anasta and Harrison to roosters then Alberts to sharks

Carney will abouslty rip it up next year!

bluesbreaker said:
He certainly will... Lots of penalties to the opposition.

i dont think he will..look at the turnaround in justin hodges this yr under a different coach .Gone is the niggling bullsh*t ,turnstile defence ,&bad attitude.
I think Crocker will be the buy of the season next yr under Bellamy as he wont tolerate the crap that is part of crockers game at the moment.

aussies1st

Staff member
Ricky must not be able to control his agressive players if Crocker can go well at the Storm.

raider_ktj

Juniors
I think Crockers move to Storm is gonna be fantastic, he's got talent, and Bellamy will make sure he stays in line. He'l be a real stand out performer for them nxt year.