What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best stadium to watch Footy and why?

Parra_Eels

Bench
suncorp pisses on every stadium except the sfs which is a close second. i love the place it has the best atmosphere. the sfs can also make huge noise

Macca

Coach
PB said:
Yeah but you have to take you binocs with you to NSO. its almost as bad as the sydney showground which even the dogs fans boycott.

SharkPark was a disapointment to me also. Most sharks fans wouldnt know what other grounds are like because as we all know, people from the Shire never leave the shire, so are ignorant to the rest of the world.... ;-) . hence they think Shark park is no.1.

Typically, you have taken a relatively objective thread and turned it into a spiteful one with your agenda. You are a deadset clown.

matty w

Juniors
I have been to Shark park, WIN, Parra, Brookie, Oki, Bruce, Telstra, Showground, SCG, Leichart, Northpower and Marathon - but Aussie and (even though I havent been there) the new Lang Park are the best for watching big games. WIN, Bruce, Northpower, Marathon and Parra are all great mid-sized stadiums (atmosphere-wise) and i dont think Toyota is as bad as every1 is saying (compared to brookie, oki and the showground) and Leichart is a nice old ground. Although, i belive the best grounds for atmosphere are probably the English soccer stadiums and other big stadiums in Europe, watch an English Premier League match and see just how close the fans are to the action and how much atmospher is created! I rekon the only stadiums in this part of the world that challenge this are Aussie, Suncorp, Eden Park and Telstra (when absolutely full). I also agree that we should move forward and improve the standards of some of the grounds in the NRL.

carlnz

Bench
Carlaw Park.......followed by North Harbour stadium, went to the GF last year, though I was impressed with Telstra Stadium I thought it sucked ass to watch footy. Best area to watch a game is sitting on the grass in the sun drinking piss behind the goal posts...Warriors home ground use to have a wicked step hill to sit on, when you got pissed you would roll down the hill hitting other people!! Then they put seats up :( :( :( :( :( :(

_Johnsy

Referee
The new "Lang Park" aka suncorp is miles ahead of any ground in Australia.
I know it is a cliche, but there is not one bad seat in the place.

Johnsy

MEE

Juniors
Lang Park best in the world?

It would stuggle to be in the top 50... #-o

Goto a soccer game in Europe if you want atmosphere though.

skeepe

Immortal
Have to say the best grounds I've been to are Canberra, Leichhardt and SFS.

Canberra is a great stadium to watch any sport at, and you get a fairly decent view no matter where you sit, although the atmosphere definately needs a bit of work.

Leichhardt is great for reasons others have already stated, it has a great atmosphere and all in all I just love watching footy there.

When it's full, the atmosphere at the SFS can't be beat. Last years Warriors vs Raiders semi had the most electric atmosphere of any game I have ever been to, including the 2002 grand final. Fantastic Ground.

Shark Park and Campbelltown easily take out the worst. As has already been mentioned, the view from most of the areas at Shark Park is almost non-existant. I find myself watching the big screen more than the live action when I'm there, something no ground should make u do.

My thoughts on Campbelltown are based on getting to the ground late, with a packed ground meaning I found it quite hard to find a place to stand where I could see anything. Some people love the big rock walls there, I just find them a nuisance that get in the way of more people watching the action.

Hoggy

Bench
greeneyed said:
Olympic Park in Melbourne is a shocker!! They might have fixed up the corporate boxes, but the stands have posts down the middle of every bay... it was built in 1956... I sat down on the concourse when I went and couldn't see half the game, as the seats are actually lower than the field... you can only see the players from knees up on the other side of the field, due to the hump in the middle of the ground.... it is abysmal in every way possible.

All part of the charm of the place. ;-)

Where exactly did you sit?

greeneyed

First Grade
At Olympic Park I sat on the concourse in one of those seats where you can't see over the hump in the middle of the field, can't see past the hoards of people the Storm seem to have standing all up and down the sidelines, and where you can't see down the other end of the field because of the players race and all the wire etc over the top.......It was the best and highest price seat actually available....!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoggy

Bench
Oh so you sat on the grandstand side where the change rooms are.

You don't want to be sitting there at all.

When I was doing work experience at the Storm last year I got tickets for the Souths game basically where no one else was in that area (left of screen end on telly). I just stood up the whole night coz there was no one else around.

greeneyed

First Grade
Hoggy said:

When I was doing work experience at the Storm last year I got tickets for the Souths game basically where no one else was in that area (left of screen end on telly). I just stood up the whole night coz there was no one else around.

No you certainly don't want to be sitting there. But the Storm charged us their top of the line price for sitting exactly there...... And the price was exorbitant compared to most other grounds, no wonder they have so many people standing behind the lightpoles at the ends of the ground. It is the only way people can afford to get into the ground.....

blaine train

Juniors
the major games ive been to are the 98 and 99 grand finals, 4 semi finals 2 at telstra and 2 at aussie and 1 at suncorp for last years 3rd origin game. suncorp is far and away the best. it has a capacity of 53000 all packed in. other best atmosphere was 99 grand final with 109000 people there but its only good when its packed. i went there last year for the warriors-panthers game and there was 53000 people there but the atmosphere was sh**. 2nd best stadium is aussie

Hoggy

Bench
greeneyed said:
Hoggy said:

No you certainly don't want to be sitting there. But the Storm charged us their top of the line price for sitting exactly there...... And the price was exorbitant compared to most other grounds, no wonder they have so many people standing behind the lightpoles at the ends of the ground. It is the only way people can afford to get into the ground.....

The best place to watch the Game at Olympic Park is either the top deck of the Grandstand side or anywhere on the outer side. ($5 upgrade on Genreral Admission - certainly worth it)

Latest posts