What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best team yet!!

B_Tiger

Juniors
I agree that lock and 2nd row are reasonably similar (with some variation depending on the club).My problem with galea being selected in the second row is that we now have have two locks (sattler and galea) lining up with a hard working O'neill, without a real impact runner in the back row. That just isn't enough variation.

Yes, I do condradict myself often. But I'd say marshall (and prolly gibbs)
are exceptions so far this year. If sheens's plan is for the young players to come in next season then I'm happy for him to continue to select the way he has. However, has he considered how to keep these young players in good form up until that point?

skandofan

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
sh*t I must be tired. Where the hell is Gibbs?

And Dale what the f**k is your problem buddy? I've been holding off criticizing the team in recent weeks because i've pleased with their efforts. However I don't rate Fitzy as a first grader. Quite simply there are 3 sides to being a pro footballed. Attack, Defense and Commitment. He's very good on his feet except when he's at 5/8 anyway, he always gives puts in, but he can't defend for sh*t. Just because you're obsessed with him doesn't mean we all have to be.

Does ANYONE remember Fitzy run to set up Wilson in the Panthers game??

As for Benji- yeah i agree it is a bit premature- i think he needs to be playing in the centres where his step can be utilised the best- + he cant really kick yet

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Now, this might sound a little stupid but I missed the game this week, what happened to Duffy? I'm guessing he must have had a really sh*t game defensively or something, but from what I've seen of the centres their defence isn't the best in the comp. A lot of the forum discussions I have also seen in the forum centre around Luke Covell's ability (or lack thereof) on the wing and the fact that he should play somewhere else like back row. I can understand Covell getting in from kicking ability even though it hasn't been crash hot of late but what did Duffy do wrong? I'm interested because I really liked the look of the guy, especially getting underneath Amos the way he did.

This weekend against the raiders i think will be a good one. Seeing the raiders last week (i'm from Canberra) i have to say they don't look that good. There is a lack of experience in the side and i also think drew is crap. When bulgarelli starts in the centres you know something's going wrong.

bonstonker

Juniors
he was hit high and concussed by cross that led to the roosters first try.

as for covell,i think most here wanted him on the wing.so i'm not sure where you get that from.i think there have been more people saying they would like him have a go at centre more than backrow.

bonstonker

Juniors
innsaneink said:
I cant see much momentum being maintained by that bench.

When was the last time Fitzy played centre? I will watch with interest ( someone here keeps mentioning he's a centre in his defence....I think hes a reserve grader )....hooker has been the only possy so far I've seen him play OK in....I really cant get enthused by the team...even with Benji back AND Covell who is someone I wanted in from the start....even before we saw how good Pat looked.
I've lost all confidence in em and a special effort will be needed before it is restored.

the last time fitzy played centre was may 25 against the panthers,so almost 12 months.
as for his defense,it has improved,but mainly while playing hooker,and my biggest problem with his defense in the backs is his decision making.
he always seems to have trouble deciding weather to go in or hang back.
seems a little famalier to his attack at 5/8. :lol:

i think it is his best attacking position,but his defence will be interesting to see.

ink,i wouldn't get to down,we have been in every game this year up to the 30min mark,with us only being behind twice by 2 and 4 points.
and to have done that against the panthers,roosters and broncos shows there is something there.and we were still in with a chance against the panthers and broncos.

as for the rest of the team,well,if benji plays his shoulder is fine,they wouldn't risk it,simple as that.his fitness will be fine,anyone questioning his match fitness is on another planet.you don't go through a whole pre season then play trials and a bunch of first grade games and lose total fitness in a few weeks.

the backrow now sees a change,hope galea plays like he did the last time he started in the second row against the knights.he was the most damaging ball runner out there that day.

i wonder if sheens wants to interchange graham and buckets and have galea and whoever else is on the bench as the more potent ball runners.
either way,sheens recognizes we can't play all 3 to start.but in saying that,it is the start of matches where we have matched every team for the first 30min.so maybe he wants a fresh graham to get us through the next 30mins.

we certainly have a team that can beat the raiders,who have certainly not been in fine form.
this is a must win home game that i had penciled in during this tough patch,the other being the eels game.

and with prince having everything to play for this weekend i am expecting him to take more control out there after last weeks debacle with benji playing a nice support role.

i think it will be around a 20-10 game,but it could be either team that wins it.

brook

First Grade
with three centres named on the bench is anyone else thinking benji probably wont play?

innsaneink

Referee
brook said:
with three centres named on the bench is anyone else thinking benji probably wont play?

Youre probly right Brook. Royce did say on radio 24 hrs ago that hes still doing tests and would be a 50/50 chance....it aint cut and dried yet though Sheens seems to think he's very clever with late changes to the squad....only thing is were losing more than were winning so i just find it frustrating more than anything....wonder if the palyers are as in the dark as us?

Bonstonker said:
ink,i wouldn't get to down,we have been in every game this year up to the 30min mark,with us only being behind twice by 2 and 4 points.
and to have done that against the panthers,roosters and broncos shows there is something there.and we were still in with a chance against the panthers and broncos.

Yeah i dunno mate....there was something about last weeks loss...more than just the 0 scoreline......we made less mistakes imo against the broncs but we lost but it was a loss I could see positives from...more mistakes and dumb footy against Penrith yet we offered something back, we had a go......Was the Roosters defence THAT good? ....Were they cruising in just 2nd gear for most of the game? ...it was more than being kept scoreless.....I think the class and professionalism (as much as I hate to admit it ) of them showed us up for what we really are . I hate those arrogant twinkies with a passion and had hopes of an upset, or at least a decent showing.......a decent effort at Campbo thats not embarrassing and an effort that shows we would be deserving of a spot in the eight should we make it will lift me spirits.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
B-Tiger - in all honesty while I agree Galea is not a true second-rower - but a pure no. 13 - the fact remains that in the past two weeks he is the forward who most looks like busting the line!

If used running wide one or two off the ruck he could do some damage for us!

The only other option would be Gravy - who is off Mr Sheens radar currently!!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I have to say i like the side. Im stoked to finally see Fitzhenry playing where i feel he is most likely to make a name for himself in the centres, hopefully Benji will play but if not its still a strong side. The ONE key to this week will be to hold the ball, if we do this we've shown we can do more than just compete.

simon says

First Grade
Im not as happy as you Pete.Stoked that Benji and Payten are back,boy do we need them.

On Fitzy at centre and the size of our bech Im not so sure.I have noticed Canberras bench isnt as nig so maybe ts not that bad.

Fitzy defending against big centres in a one on one situation has me worried.In attack outside Benji and Prince he should shine,but his defense is a worry.He is still grabbing at players,and you cant do that when you are as big as him.

Guess we will have to wait and see......

Magpie Nick

Juniors
I think Fitzy comes up against Bulgarelli, wouldn't be hard to get passed him one on one. Defensively, I don't think it's much of a challenge, Bulgarelli will more than likely try to steamroll him everytime. Canberra have named a prop playing his second game up against Skando and they have also named a 5/8 and a Fullbakc/Winger on the bench. I can't see them using Campese as a lock........