What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Win Ever

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Congrats on the win Knights, you guys came to play and gave it to the Storm..Bravo.

wolverine

Juniors
Just proves to me and alot of people that Melbourne ARE NOT the team they were last year and them winning this years Grand Final is not a forgone conclusion. The Knights simply outplayed what everyone thinks are the best team in the comp. Melbourne looked really agitated and rattled towards the end. That loss will take a lot out of them. Hope the Knights put the same performance in next week against the Broncos!

hugzy

Juniors
the grand finals r the best obviously, but in terms of gripping action, it's probably in the top 5.

number 1 being v Cronulla 2001 prelims. that game my heart nearly POUNDED outta my chest

Apey

Staff member
That made me so happy :D

Awesome win! Can't say much more really :crazy:

Hanscholo

Bench
im happy beat them dont get me wrong..... but it will be for nothing if they dont back ti up next week....no good beating melbourne then getting blow off the park by brisbane

Such is football. The thing we have going for us is im sure the 2nd thing smith said to the boys tonight was exactly that.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Maybe not best win ever, cos the 97 and 2001 GF's have that title, however if we're talking non-finals games, then the game last night takes the cake. As has been mentioned, the atmosphere in the AJ Stand was absolutely phenomenal. The most the Newcastle chant has gone up for a long, long time.

Pika

Bench
Celebrations lasted about two minutes in the sheds.

Then some great speaches. Including some great words from B Smith.

Then without any prompting they got serious and started planning for next week.

As serious and as motivated as I have ever seen them.

knights_86

Juniors
Besides grand-finals I'd say it was the best win I've ever watched.

Old Boys day. No Buderus. Mullen out for the second half. Buderus retiring. Vital for the finals. Playing undoubtedly the best team in the comp and we weren't given a chance.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the hype but there were a lot of factors that make this win absolutely colossal.

couldnt agree more, that win was absolutely fricken fantastic, soak it up the . what an effort.

honestly though- im so proud of all the boys, they have achieved so much this year regardless if they make the finals or not. first time in a long while it seems like we have a really bright future.

ps- so gus wasnt pulling our leg after all?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
couldnt agree more, that win was absolutely fricken fantastic, soak it up the . what an effort.

honestly though- im so proud of all the boys, they have achieved so much this year regardless if they make the finals or not. first time in a long while it seems like we have a really bright future.

ps- so gus wasnt pulling our leg after all?
Looks like half his prophecy has been fulfilled. Now for arguably the toughest part of that prophecy.

Adsy

Juniors
I think that was the best win ive seen on home soil.

So proud of the boys.

perverse

Referee
Celebrations lasted about two minutes in the sheds.

Then some great speaches. Including some great words from B Smith.

Then without any prompting they got serious and started planning for next week.

As serious and as motivated as I have ever seen them.
that is definitely the most promising thing i've read on this forum today.