What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bad Boofy Benny Smith!!

Parraren

Bench
His days as a centre are over but he's finally understanding his new role in the side.

Come off the bench and hit hard in defence. Bloody hard.

Eels Dude

Coach
Looked very good when given the ball with space today and nearly broke through a couple of times. And a terrific tackle to earn a goal line dropout.

TheRam

Coach
i think his speed just has to improve, but if he's there mainly for his defense, and aslong as others around him create chances thenhe will be an asset.

The problem with him though, as I do agree with most things said here about Benny and his improvement overall, is that due to his lack of speed, when the ball comes to him, when he gets caught with it out wide and there is a half chance on, most of the time it dies with him. Last night there were two occasions that spring to mind that if a faster or more powerful player had run on to those balls, it was on.

But in saying all that he is playing out of sight compared to what he was doing earlier on.

IFR33K

Coach
The problem with him though, as I do agree with most things said here about Benny and his improvement overall, is that due to his lack of speed, when the ball comes to him, when he gets caught with it out wide and there is a half chance on, most of the time it dies with him. Last night there were two occasions that spring to mind that if a faster or more powerful player had run on to those balls, it was on.

But in saying all that he is playing out of sight compared to what he was doing earlier on.

I agree with you there. Maybe the speed and power will still improve??? who knows.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the good thing about his form is that he has strung a few games together, so its not just one good game out of the blue

keep it up Benny, we need you

caylo

Bench
the good thing about his form is that he has strung a few games together, so its not just one good game out of the blue

keep it up Benny, we need you

I think off the bench he has been able to learn the trade alot easier and behind a pack moving forward. His defence has always been good and he also adds the utility value if a back gets injured mid-game. Id have him the #15 jersey off the bench next year as the bench backrower.

lingard

Coach
Hagan was an extraordinarily astute man. Lowrie and Ben Smith were master coups. And Daniel Mortimer and ..... hang on a minute! Maybe he was fairly astute. Just couldn`t coach for sh*t. :lol::lol:

caylo

Bench
Hagan was an extraordinarily astute man. Lowrie and Ben Smith were master coups. And Daniel Mortimer and ..... hang on a minute! Maybe he was fairly astute. Just couldn`t coach for sh*t. :lol::lol:

Hagan did keep Mateo at Parramatta, he could very easily have been at Brooky now if it wasnt for Hags. Hagen then pretty much went to sh*t from there. Thinking back to 2007, melbourne were able to out-fitness us. We had alot of skill with guys like Tim Smith, Tahu, Hayne, Inu, Grothe and inform forwards like Hindy, Caylo, Mateo and Moimoi. We competed with Melbourne for 60min in the semis and then fell away and it was simply due to our fitness IMO.

Last week we had a team that was half as capable as our 2007 semi final squad and we beat Melbourne and this week the Dogs. Had Anderson been here in 2007 I say we would have won the comp and Timmy Smith would probably still have been here.

Anderson has looked to build as squad just as capable as the 2007 team and IMO we will be there at the buissness end of 2010.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Benny was great again, good to see. But honestly the whole team has improved from the start of the year.

Latest posts