What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

biggest hitter in the game?

coolumsharkie

Referee
2005PhillipLeuluai.jpg

This is Phillip Leuluai I'm hoping he takes on that role this year!

Rauhihi from the Cowboys is pretty handy,Wiki can go harder than most on his day....
SBW has a dangerous yet exciting technique I like watching him take out the opposing players by my/their supprise

Shifty

Juniors
Branko said:
Tonie Carroll for sure - and CONSISTENTLY two or three a game.
Is that his average tackle count per game you're talking about? Sounds about right. :lol: He comes up with some good hits.

Spike

First Grade
Besides the obvious in SBW, a few others who can put players on their arse with authority are Frank Pritchard, Anthony Topou and Roy Asotasi

Briza

Juniors
Leuluai Hands Down.

* Powerhouse prop Kylie Leuluai continues to throw the weights around in gym like they are foam rubber.Leuluai is fast making a reputation as the most feared front on tackler in the NRL.Ben Kennedy confirmed on his arrival at Manly that opposition teams were wary to cart the ball up on Kylie's side of the ruck.

Booyah

Bench
Johnny the Red said:
Francis Meli

He's just a coward, not really a big hitter.

I still reckon Wiki is the master at the big hit. He'll do it at exactly the right time and just belt the snot out of the player.

And those who mentioned Leuluai, His Uncle Phillip also has a bit of a reputation with hits so it'll be interesting to see how he goes.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Booyah said:
Johnny the Red said:
Francis Meli

I still reckon Wiki is the master at the big hit. He'll do it at exactly the right time and just belt the snot out of the player.

And those who mentioned Leuluai, His Uncle Phillip also has a bit of a reputation with hits so it'll be interesting to see how he goes.

I guess you watch basically no Manly matches last season....

Wiki has been smashing blokes for a decade and no one likes to run near him...
Agreed about Costigan also, he seems to have a lot of potential and could definitely be rated highly in the very near future.
SBW puts on great shoulder charges, but as said previous, he would want to be possibly more sparing with them, as would whoever signs him up for mega bucks next contract

Utey

Coach
Mick Vella in form can hold his own sometimes. Gets dominated by Webcke a lot.

Iafeta

Referee
Booyah said:
Johnny the Red said:
Francis Meli

Ask that to some of the Broncos boys what they think of Francis Meli. Coward? Yep, he's been involved in one altercation in his league career but if the shoe fits :roll:

Leuluai's cousin Thomas had a reputation of being a gun play maker. Doesn't always work out that way.