What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billionaire behind Souths' Inglis bid

RAB-161

Juniors
This is possibly the most bizarre thread I have ever read. How can the signing of Greg Ingliss possibly start a re-hash of this particular argument.
Having business people topping up contracts is how every successful football club operates. What do you think the Throroughbreds have been doing at the Broncos for the past 10-15 years? Why do you think that Easts have a board that is bursting at the seams with industry heavyweights? Now one businessman helps with a scheme to sign a player and because he comes from Western Australia there is discussion about whether there is pressure for the club to re-locateor increase our presence in Western Australia.
You cannot be serious.

coombsy

Juniors
Appin Rabbit, I for one want so much for George to return to the fold. I`m just so disapointed as I used to have a tremendous amount of respect for him, I just feel like he`s taken his bat & Ball and gone home because the referee ruled against him. I think it`s chilidish behaviour.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Coombsy I agree I think his pride was hurt more than anything that he lost control of Souths we all know it was for the better and I think that deep down George now knows that, so let's just hope that time heals all wounds & he returns to where he rightfully belongs sitting in the stand with us Rusty Sean Garlick.Mario & Co watching the Mighty Souths take out #21.

jackb

Juniors
Coombsy I agree I think his pride was hurt more than anything that he lost control of Souths we all know it was for the better and I think that deep down George now knows that, so let's just hope that time heals all wounds & he returns to where he rightfully belongs sitting in the stand with us Rusty Sean Garlick.Mario & Co watching the Mighty Souths take out #21.

Agree 100% AR - George will always be welcomed back by the club and the members would love to see him at the games. I hope that the old saying "time heals all wounds" is true and that George is back to help us win the next one.

big country

Juniors
i think George is quite comfortable on his farm breeding his horses or doing whatever he is doing - i do hope that he is happy that the club he helped save has never been in a better position financially and one day (when the bloody leagues club re-opens) he pops in for a quick beer :)

BunniesMan

Immortal
A part of me can't help but think Crowe's determination to get Inglis when he's almost done a deal with a news ltd club, is partly revenge after everything news ltd has done to us. I'm sure it's mostly because Inglis will make us better on the field, but I think part of it is for 1999.

Zigwaa

Bench
Great signing if it eventuates. All my complaining about not signing anyone anyone 3 months ago was for nothing and I couldn't be happier to be proven wrong.

Good stuff by Richo and the mob for keeping money in the kitty for a situation such as this. It will give us a real boost next year to have Inglis in the side.

Fein

First Grade
His all yours Perth Red.

sh*tting in the nest of the club again, hey booboo?

What a surprise!!! :lol:

Just another day in paradise for us true believer Souths fans.

A big signing confirmed and yet the last remnants of the regime who sent us broke are still stupid enough to bag the most successful club in the games history.

When it's all said and done, you were a NO voter.

That makes you one of the dumbest merkins on the planet.

Oh, and let's not forget your other title, "The Burrow Groper". :lol::lol:

Perverted merkin.

Dave Q

Coach
Not loud enough but otherwise spot on!

:lol:Thanks, then I thought about all of the old guard who continue their support.

This club has always been about the fans. George became so drunk with his own concerns, he forgot who he had fought for. He lost his way.

Ive said it before, its been a real struggle to get used to actually winning games and not sitting through the sh*te that was 2004 for instance.

The times when Champion who was about 17 or something was our best and most experienced player.

The days when a nervous kid called buddy gorden (before he thought that having a bad attitude was the go) made a tackle and everybody needed smelling salts!

Someone please please, in all fugging seriousness, whisk me back to the golden age of Piggins and co management. While your at it, slip me some cyanide pills.

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
Someone please please, in all fugging seriousness, whisk me back to the golden age of Piggins and co management. While your at it, slip me some cyanide pills.

*Booboomobile to the corner of Chalmers and Redfern Street please, 1 passenger travelling, in the name of Dave*.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of interest how did PHaC get into RL/Souths? Being a Perth boy he wouldnt have grown up with it I doubt.

RWB

Bench
Was talking to someone from Souths today and he said that Inglis is keen to play 5/8, probably wont happen but certainly interesting...

Latest posts