What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Peden - I hope he stays

roopy

Referee
Billy Peden is either going to be an assistant trainer at the Knights or will play another season for the London Broncos next year. He has said he will go to the Broncos, but only if they give him a very good deal - so it is really all about how much they want him.

Billy is just the man we need to be an assistant trainer this year. We have about 10 young forwards who are on the brink of becomming excellent firstgraders, and spending time with Billy as their training mentor and role model is the ideal preparation for a young guy who has the talent and needs to find the 'heart' and commitment to become all that he can be.

David Fairleigh is another guy who played the same role last season, and he would be my second choice, but Billy would be the best mentor possible for the young guys, with maybe only Pepe Marquet as another possible contender.

antonius

Coach
I saw a piece in the paper about this. Apparently at the end of their season the London Broncos weren't interested in renewing Pedens contract, so he came home a took up the Knights offer. Something must've happened overnight because the LB contacted Billy with an upgraded offer, which he knocked back as it wasn't enough to entice him back there. I hope they don't increase it and he stays here, he would be a great aquisition to the Knights coaching staff.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I hope he does end up staying... he will be a great assistant for the Knights.
It's great to see that the club still want him to help out in some way.

roopy

Referee
Kaz said:
No offence but Billy should retire, cause he is OLD. ;-)
The london Broncos made the finals for the first time in their history with Billy playing hooker and being the main organiser on the field last season - and he was still the hardest working player and first guy to put his hand up when things got tough.
Any team would improve by having someone with Billy's heart in the side, but it is about time he put his feet up, from playing anyway.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I had a chat to Billy about a month ago. I said to him that from the reports I heard, he went great over in england. He told me he went sh!t. I don't know if he was being overly hard on himself, or people are talking about him with there red and blue glasses on and not seeing what really happened.

Kaz said:

You'd know all about being old.

How many games did you see Peden play this year, Bring It? Or were you caught out just passing on what you'd heard elsewhere?

The Observer

Staff member
Scotland RL national team wanted Peden in their squad for the European nations Cup and he would have been selected if he didn't get injured.

Kaz

junior
Danish Moo Cow said:
Kaz said:

I know I am old, never said I wasn't.

I know you secretly love me & you attacking me is your way of hiding your true feeling. :lol: :lol:

Don't come onto me. There's already an admitted single guy in this thread that loves having an old woman around the house.

roopy

Referee
Bring it home Knights said:
I had a chat to Billy about a month ago. I said to him that from the reports I heard, he went great over in england. He told me he went sh!t. I don't know if he was being overly hard on himself, or people are talking about him with there red and blue glasses on and not seeing what really happened.
I saw him play in two games on foxtel and he was pretty much man of the match in both games.
I'd say he would have been disappointed with his season because he was injured for the finals and his team 'failed to impress' as they say in racing terms.
The LBs aren't the best team in the world and Billy was working his ring off to plug up holes in defence and spark some attack in the games I saw.

northey

First Grade
i hope billy stays and plays the best footy but i want him to come back and be a part of the knights.......

but we will see what his decision is

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Kaz said:

How many games did you see Peden play this year, Bring It? Or were you caught out just passing on what you'd heard elsewhere?

"said to him that from the reports I heard"

derrrr, we're on the ball aren't we :lol:

Go back and read it again if it hasn't eventually registed yet.

Where is what?

So you admit you hadn't seen any games then put your foot right in it? You're not on the ball by the looks of it.

EDIT: I've re-read it and "where on the ball aren't we" still hasn't registered yet.

Care to help me out with that one?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
lol. Nice try. It was a typo. I read it back after I sent it and realised it had a spelling mistake in it. I new you were going to attempt to use a spelling mistake as a come back. So I looked back over it. You are so predictable.

I didn't put my foot in it. I said from the reports I heard. He new I hadn't seen any of his games. So where did I put my foot in it. Have another read if it STILL hasn't registered yet :lol: .

Bring It, you're the one trying to get out of a foot-in-mouth situation. Next time, use your own opinions to come up with idle chit-chat.

Fine! You're the one that's trying to squirm that foot out of your mouth. God knows who's foot it is though. Could be anyone you're willing to listen to.

Latest posts