What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird denied visa

ozbash

Referee
Channel 10 news reporting visa denied!...suck sh*t yer grub...bwahahahhaha

CONTROVERSIAL rugby league star Greg Bird has been denied a UK work visa to play for English club Bradford Bulls.
The news follows the recent rejection of visas by the British High Commission to fellow former NRL players Michael Crocker and Todd Carney. Both Crocker and Carney had previous convictions.

Bird had signed a contract with the UK Super League club after having his contract terminated with NRL club the Cronulla Sharks in January.

Bird was stood down by the Sharks in August 2008 after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend Katie Milligan. He is set to appear in court again on April 27 to face charges of reckless wounding, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and two charges of lying to police.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25050100-23214,00.html

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
told ya he would'nt get on..

if he's cleared of his charges,apply again,and he'll get one no problem

Not that cut and dried, cause as I posted earlier one of the questions on the visa application is "have you ever been arrestted or charged with an offence".

Its sounds like whether your guilty of the offence or not, they don't want people earmarked as troublemakers anymore.

this is terrific news. i can see this dramatically changing our game for the better. players are definitely going to think twice before doing something stupid now.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
this is terrific news. i can see this dramatically changing our game for the better. players are definitely going to think twice before doing something stupid now.

Couldn't he just apply for a matercard instead ?

Pennywise, well done on the degrassi junior high sig. What ever happend to joey, snake and the other guy anyway ?

skeepe

Immortal
I found it rather difficult to believe that he was to be permitted to leave the country on a semi-permanent basis given the severity of the charges against him in any case.

[FONT=&quot]If he had a 5 year contract he's really f-d up.

Cronulla where still paying him even though he was stood down, he came to an agreement with them to terminate the contract so he could play OS. Now he hasn’t got club he can go to and is not longer getting paid.

[/FONT]

Latest posts