What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Gets 10 Weeks

Marty Moose

Juniors
10 weeks sounds appropriate to me. Let's move on from this.

One thing I will say though is, how much shit the Bulldogs have put the NRL and nothing, zip, yada, in the way of disipline, disgusting if you ask me.

I am not complaining about Bird suspension, he got what he deserved and no Shark's fan can condon his behaviour, I just hope he does some long hard thinking and comes back with a better game, either that or his replacement turns out to be much better than him and permanently replaces him

Macca

Coach
Fair enough. I would have given him 15 weeks. That means he'll be available for round 15 just in time for him to mark up on Preston Campbell. If he comes back to 1st grade.

Macca

Coach
Just heard Sludge on Fox. He was surprised at the harshness of the penalty considering that Greg Bird has shown "genuine remorse" over the incident and stated that Bird had contacted the player personally, written a letter to the South Sydney club and apologised publically.

Greg Alexander also said that the incident was totally out of character but wasn't surprised at the length of the suspension.

chili pepper

Bench
Touch harsh I think but I thought they would be out to make an example of him.

Hopefully it may turn out to be the best thing for him long-term. Will give him time to fix his attitude which sounds like is holding him back from reaching his true potential.

Macca

Coach
Is he still allowed to train with the side or does he have to do it seperately?

Generalzod

Immortal
IMO 10 weeks is a bit harsh on the Guy considering his clean record. I was hopeing around 7 weeks.

Booyah

Bench
I think it was a bit hard, considering his clean judicial record. Obviously they want to make an example of him.

If he was a perennial offender like Morley or Beattie, 10 weeks wouldn't surprise me.

I was expecting at least 8.

They've set the precedent, now lets see if they stick to for the whole season. 10 bucks says they wont.

Generalzod

Immortal
The problem with the judiciary is that the people they should be tough on the likes of Morley who constantly attacks the head of an oppossing player is let of with just a 1 week suspension.
Tell me how is that Justice????

beerboy

Juniors
i wonder if Birdy will get the mystical hype around him seeing his gone as Franze & McGoldrick did when they were gone

shadowboxer

First Grade
good point Boo. Lets see how the rest of the season goes with regard to similar events. He deserved the penalty and a precedent has been set

chili pepper

Bench
Generalzod said:
The problem with the judiciary is that the people they should be tough on the likes of Morley who constantly attacks the head of an oppossing player is let of with just a 1 week suspension.
Tell me how is that Justice????

Its all to do with the jersey they were General. If Bird was playing for his namesakes he gets 4-6 weeks after Gus declares it was because of cramp or some involuntarlity muscle spasm that made him do it. If Morley was wearing the Black, Blue and White he gets 4-6 weeks and branded as some renegade with a screw loose who should be wiped from the game.

The only justice in our game goes entirely to high profile teams like the Rorters and Bulldogs.

Latest posts