What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird - How will his loss effect us

How will losing Bird effect our chances?

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
There is a possibilty that Bird will be out for the season.

How do think that will effect our chances?

Feel free to elaborate.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Pretty bad foot injury, similar to Willie Masons, season is all but gone. Hilder should be back against the Broncos.

I think he is more of a running forward than a hooker. Kingston is training with the 1st grade side.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I don't think he's done anything all year that has provided such an impact or influence on games that would make us miss him at all. He's just a soldier, we have plenty of soldier.

Generalzod

Immortal
It was just announce on 2ue that Bird is out for the season...this will make a few people here happy...A sad loss.

Foz

Bench
Losing Bird will effect our depth. (obvious conclusion).
He has had a fair bit of first grade experience.
He can cover a number of positions.
How well is a matter of opinion.
I dont think it will effect our chances of winning (games or premiership).
Losing a few other players would cause a lot more problems.
This could be a blessing in disguise.
Kingston,Dumas whoever may at last get a chance and be the real deal.
Even if they're not (fair chance of that) we get to find out a few things about these guys we mightn't of before.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Its a shame because he was undoubtedly our most improved player against the Tiges and didn't play that badly against the Roosters despite the injury.

This will be a real setback in his development but I don't believe it will have a huge effect on the team itself, especially if Kingston comes up to replace him.

It's time for change, it's time for Kevin.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The only reason it is a loss is because Rapes has put all his eggs in the one basket in regards to Bird.
ubelievable that a bench player will have an impact on the team. He will because his selections have mant others have missed out on valuable NRL time.

Craigshark

First Grade
Don't think it will effect the team that much..
The only thing is, that whoever comes in to replace him won't have the same experience.. Don't think its too big a deal..

Special K

Coach
It means Ise will come into the side.

Who would you rather

Ise or Bird?

and so the battle starts again!

Isurus

Juniors
Maybe not if Hilly is fit - Hilly to 9. Stevo back to start and maiva to the bench with Stoss dropping off.

carcharias

Immortal
At Cronulla, scans have cleared halfback Brett Kimmorley of long term damage to a knee complaint that he has carried for the last three weeks and will play after the Sharks' weekend bye.

But Sharks utility Greg Bird could be lost for the rest of the season due to foot ligament damage.

Bird underwent scans today which cleared him of a broken foot but will consult a doctor on Tuesday to learn the full extent of ligament damage.

"He has been told he could be back from anywhere ranging from after the weekend bye to out for the season," a Sharks official said.

I saw this on http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11901

MightySharks

Bench
I like Bird as a player, but every team gets a major injury to at least one player and luckily for us we can cover for the loss of Bird, unlike Kimmorley, Dykes, Stevens etc. These things happen but we can still be a threat without him. Good luck with the injury Bird and we will see you bigger and better next ear.

P.S I did not vote in the poll as I would of voted along the lines of, it will affect us but we can cover him. There is nothing like that sort of option in the poll!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Actually Carch, losing Greg Bird wont be such a big deal.
Raper has utility player ready to take his place.
Greg Bird.
do you think he is delusional?