What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit short on back up hookers/halfs

STSAE

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
i don't see how you can heap the blame on the forwards. everyone was at fault until freddy took over and if anything the forwards pulled their finger out more than the backs. pini and shillo took it to the other teams like they hadn't done all year and fitzy was just fitzy and nuts was mr consistent off the bench and even harrison chipped in

pearce is a WIP but letting go of soward will hit us this year. shouldn't of let ndaira go just for the sake of what if with aubusson

i still think anasta should be lock with sa at 5/8. sa was very competant there with wing at half

Our forwards were terrible under Opes. Shillos a pillow. Nutts consistently dropped the pill. Paea was very good though.

No-Nads is a nobody. We will miss The Stranger more.

Sa never played in the 1/2s with Ping. When Ping moved to hooker Sa came on at 1/2, like Pearce did.

:lol: :lol:

STSAE

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
is a VC really vital?? i dont really think so

in professional sport everyone has their role to play i dont think a VC is as pivotol as it was 20 years ago imo

It is when the captains off the field.

STSAE

Juniors
The Mack said:
Brown is like Flannery, a lock/centre who can play some 5-8.

FG

6. Anasta
7. Pearce

9. Jorbs

14. Jones
15. Sa

Jets

6. Branighan
7. Millwood

9. Kostjaysn

14. Ayoub
15. Brown

NYC

6. Symonds
7. Taumata

9. Molan

14. Friend
15. ???

I cant imagine those two on the bench at once mate.

D

Deleted member 10972

STSAE said:
I cant imagine those two on the bench at once mate.

I can.

A hooker utility, and a backrower?

Sa is 100kg +.

STSAE

Juniors
The Mack said:
I can.

A hooker utility, and a backrower?

Sa is 100kg +.

True, but I dont think with the reduced interchange Fred will use a 2nd hooker/half on the bench.

I think letting the stranger and no-nads go indicates his intentions.

In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see us go back to a few yrs ago when Crock started at hooker and Ping at 1/2 (still playing dummy 1/2 though) and Pearce on the bench, during the early exchanges.

Something like J.Aubbs 9 starting at 1/2, Sa/M.Aubbs starting as a running hookerforward (like Crock did) and Pearce 7 starting from the bench, till the game opens up a little.

Either way I doubt Freddy likes hookers/halves on the bench, taking a spot. The interchange changes will just aid this theory methinks. Running with a big 6 forwards, a hooker, and Bwaiff controlling all the play early (where the games mostly sofetning up and getting a roll on) kick/chase etc would work well for us, I hope.

Pearce is crap, the sooner the fans and the club realise this the better.

Ben Jones should play at half all season, more ability in his left toe than superboy.

Hopefully the clud dont waste jones ala soward and we lose the best halfback this club has seen since hastings.

memyself&i

Juniors
rufus youngblood said:
Pearce is crap, the sooner the fans and the club realise this the better.

Ben Jones should play at half all season, more ability in his left toe than superboy.

Hopefully the clud dont waste jones ala soward and we lose the best halfback this club has seen since hastings.

hahahahahah mate oh my god...are we looking at the same players here? ur surely not stating that the redheaded half that honestly struggled in the arriveallive cup...couldn't even make the aus.schoolboys and completely embarrassed himself when given and responisbility or placed in premier league later in the season is even in the same league as mitchell pearce?...get ur hands on the newtown jets -v- auckland lions, jones is a prominant feature with more try assists to auckland than any other player on the field...or better still get ur mittens on all the arrive alive games...look how many times ben jones could pass to a man outside him in space yet dummies and goes himself....the kid loves the attention....he wants the be the hero and save the day everygame...even if it means the team does badly or possibly loses...

meet the kid personally...overtime u would find him to be a mentally weak individual...unprofessional to say the least....his basic awareness of men around him as a half is lack lustre....he was a golden boy at centre and even 5/8th as a youngsta because in such possitions(especially at that age) the key to success is beating a man one-on-one....there is no need to set-up an outside man if u can beat him urself...however that talent as a 13/14/15/16 year old centre has lost its impact as the players are now just as fast...jsut as agile...and alot smarter defensively....jones never had to think about people outside him and therefore never developed that skill...he is left as an undersized player with no real position with tunnel vision....the doi-it-all-myself just doesnt work anymore....

and as far as mitch pearce is concerned...i dont feel the need to blow wind up his you-know-what because by round 5 everyone else will be doing it for me...the kids matured...hes physically stronger fitter faster and ALOT more skillful....at the recent testing after xmas pearce got the best result in the beeptest(aerobic fitness) 40m sprint(4.90sec) and agility testing aswell as dominating all kickin/passing drills...a lil inside tip for everyone aswell...watch out for the mason pearce combination in 2008...they are basically best mates...freddy sees more of himself at 18 in mitch then what he does now days in the mirror...

thats just me thoughts...if i knew nothing then thats what id say...

malabar

Juniors
memyself&i said:
hahahahahah mate oh my god...are we looking at the same players here? ur surely not stating that the redheaded half that honestly struggled in the arriveallive cup...couldn't even make the aus.schoolboys and completely embarrassed himself when given and responisbility or placed in premier league later in the season is even in the same league as mitchell pearce?...get ur hands on the newtown jets -v- auckland lions, jones is a prominant feature with more try assists to auckland than any other player on the field...or better still get ur mittens on all the arrive alive games...look how many times ben jones could pass to a man outside him in space yet dummies and goes himself....the kid loves the attention....he wants the be the hero and save the day everygame...even if it means the team does badly or possibly loses...

meet the kid personally...overtime u would find him to be a mentally weak individual...unprofessional to say the least....his basic awareness of men around him as a half is lack lustre....he was a golden boy at centre and even 5/8th as a youngsta because in such possitions(especially at that age) the key to success is beating a man one-on-one....there is no need to set-up an outside man if u can beat him urself...however that talent as a 13/14/15/16 year old centre has lost its impact as the players are now just as fast...jsut as agile...and alot smarter defensively....jones never had to think about people outside him and therefore never developed that skill...he is left as an undersized player with no real position with tunnel vision....the doi-it-all-myself just doesnt work anymore....

and as far as mitch pearce is concerned...i dont feel the need to blow wind up his you-know-what because by round 5 everyone else will be doing it for me...the kids matured...hes physically stronger fitter faster and ALOT more skillful....at the recent testing after xmas pearce got the best result in the beeptest(aerobic fitness) 40m sprint(4.90sec) and agility testing aswell as dominating all kickin/passing drills...a lil inside tip for everyone aswell...watch out for the mason pearce combination in 2008...they are basically best mates...freddy sees more of himself at 18 in mitch then what he does now days in the mirror...

thats just me thoughts...if i knew nothing then thats what id say...

seems your thoughts have serious insight maybe you are close to the boys? Wondering what your thouhgts on axle are? It seemed alot of punters thought he should have played last year but I dont think he got run. I see him down at Clovelly a lot seems a lot bigger than he was when he played for us when Mini out. How do you rate the new Aubo

memyself&i

Juniors
malabar said:
seems your thoughts have serious insight maybe you are close to the boys? Wondering what your thouhgts on axle are? It seemed alot of punters thought he should have played last year but I dont think he got run. I see him down at Clovelly a lot seems a lot bigger than he was when he played for us when Mini out. How do you rate the new Aubo

yeah hes put on a bit of size, hes a great talent in my eyes, a lil shy and possibly too quiet at fullback. he is reasonably quick and extremely safe under the high ball, however it seems he is his own worst enemy, he beats himself up alot about mistakes, and loses alot of confidence from the lack of opportunity he has been given. if he could only play well, get a few firstgrade games under his belt i think he'd go well.

aubo is a really exciting prospect, angry angry angry lil human...skillful, determined, aggressive, strong(155kg bench), and experienced....hell go well at hooker and as a back up hooker if pearcey goes down in '08...

Highflier

Juniors
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - he just thinks he knows what the facts are, but he's terribly misinformed.

I repeat Taumata wanted out of the club

ozzie

Bench
MeMyself&I in future watch your remarks - if you can't give the reasons why then you know it could be defamation. That goes for everyone else/

Let's face it MEEXCT, you could be saying this through a personal dislike - do not bother putting up a reply about all this trash talking

memyself&i

Juniors
ozzie said:
MeMyself&I in future watch your remarks - if you can't give the reasons why then you know it could be defamation. That goes for everyone else/

Let's face it MEEXCT, you could be saying this through a personal dislike - do not bother putting up a reply about all this trash talking

sorry to all, i did not intend to trash talk or anything of the such, i simply wished to state what i had heard, without going beyound what i was told. i apologise.

ozzie

Bench
memyself&i said:
sorry to all, i did not intend to trash talk or anything of the such, i simply wished to state what i had heard, without going beyound what i was told. i apologise.
I would suggest and nicely that you ensure you have a source and in cases like above be able to validate with the reference. A statemen like that could lead to trouble if the sourse goes "I was told by fred bloggs. That is where you could finish in trouble. But keep on posting

Latest posts