What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackcaps chances against Aussies.

Robster

Bench
If we can chase more often then not then I'm pretty sure we will beat you *anke*s, Jeff Wilson to be a major force for the blackcaps, fleming to average over 50 in the series, Daryl Tuffey to become the leading wicket taker, prediction - 3/0

GO THE BLACKCAPS!!

Bronco Boy

Juniors
Robster said:
If we can chase more often then not then I'm pretty sure we will beat you *anke*s, Jeff Wilson to be a major force for the blackcaps, fleming to average over 50 in the series, Daryl Tuffey to become the leading wicket taker, prediction - 3/0

GO THE BLACKCAPS!!

can't see it happening... :D

Timbo

Staff member
They seem to think Jeff Wilson will be left out for Tama Canning (lol@Kiwi selectors if so) in the full internationals.

ozbash

Referee
i think canning is the man.
jeffs getting a bit over the hill and canning has the results so far this season.

be interesting actually, i,d like to see canning given a shot at either wellington tomorrow or hamilton on wednesday.

Yeah Robster...bring em on.

I think we'll win the ODI series. The test matches are gonna be real tough though. I hope Fleming steps to Cairns and asks him for one last favour. Come on Cairnsy, one last shot at the aussies..and 100 test 6's. And come on Bondy, I know you can be right by then.

Jeff Wilson...wow what a natural athlete. He could go until he's 40.

Iafeta

Referee
ozbash said:
i think canning is the man.
jeffs getting a bit over the hill and canning has the results so far this season.

be interesting actually, i,d like to see canning given a shot at either wellington tomorrow or hamilton on wednesday.

Now now Oz, its treason to think Canning should be given a go ahead of Willie Wilson :D

I thought Jeff's length was very iffy particularly in his first spell, but I'd give him the benefit and say it was a nervous start. Looked too full for mine. What I will say in his favour though is his pace looked extremely good. He was getting it down about 137K's, I don't recall him being that quick.

Southern Warrio

Juniors
Canning is a wanker.

How can Jeff be over the hill? He is only 31. Wilson has somthing alot of our bowlers have lacked over the years, confidence. He has the confidence to bowl balls that others bowlers just wouldin't do, Like that yorker he bowled to Warne.

Canning is to similar to Chris Harris for my liking, I just don't think it is a step forward to bring in another player of that mould.

ozbash

Referee
Canning is to similar to Chris Harris for my liking,
i was thinking that about jeff wilson.

he makes up for his senior years with enthusiasm and competitivness. but i would still like to see the nz cricket develope the younger player.

i dont really know who is the better but canning should also be given a chance at top level

there is no doubt goldie is an absolute legend but is he the right man to take on the aussies ?

Southern Warrio

Juniors
Canning and Harris both bowl military mediums, both rely on bowling a consistant length to get batsmen out and both usually get a little bit of movement off the pitch. Both of them also are very sucessful bowlers in domestic cricket, but aren't overally sucessful in the international arena (yea i know harris is the leading one day wicket taker for NZ in one dayers, but he averages less than one a match).

While Wilson has variety and the ability to bowl at a good pace.

Why develop a younger player? Think about winning games now, let the future happen.

Iafeta

Referee
Southern Warrio said:
Canning is a wanker.

How can Jeff be over the hill? He is only 31. Wilson has somthing alot of our bowlers have lacked over the years, confidence. He has the confidence to bowl balls that others bowlers just wouldin't do, Like that yorker he bowled to Warne.

Canning is to similar to Chris Harris for my liking, I just don't think it is a step forward to bring in another player of that mould.

You've met him have you? Thats a ridiculous thing to say, absolutely ridiculous and has absolutely NOTHING to do with the selection but to make yourself look very immature.

Canning is a lot quicker than Harris.

Jeff bowled bad lengths yesterday in his first spell, hopefully he can improve his length or else he'll be going for 8 an over when Australia come.

Iafeta

Referee
Southern Warrio said:
Canning and Harris both bowl military mediums, both rely on bowling a consistant length to get batsmen out and both usually get a little bit of movement off the pitch. Both of them also are very sucessful bowlers in domestic cricket, but aren't overally sucessful in the international arena (yea i know harris is the leading one day wicket taker for NZ in one dayers, but he averages less than one a match).

While Wilson has variety and the ability to bowl at a good pace.

Why develop a younger player? Think about winning games now, let the future happen.

"But aren't overly successful in the international arena". You can judge that on Tama Canning after 3 games in Pakistan can you?

If that's the case, Wilson is definitely a poor bowler because he goes for over 5 an over from his three or four one day internationals.

Iafeta

Referee
Nope, I don't know either of them so to accuse either of being a wanker would be pretty stupid. Not something I would do personally.

In truth, I've said I would have gone for Canning first, but Wilson is in the team now so I seriously hope it works out. If he does get it right, he's an awesome sportsperson. It is probably worth the punt.

Willie Wilson showed more pace than I thought he had. What worried me was the lack of any movement and, I'm hoping it is as a result of nerves but it was definitely something that hurt him earlier in his career, the inability to hit a regular length. You've got to put groups together. If it was 0/80, with Gilchrist and Hayden/Clarke on strike, some of that stuff would be going to AND over the ropes.'

I think though it was nerves, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, the pace was good to see. If he does get it right, he'll add depth to both batting and bowling and we all know of his fielding expertise.

gregstar

Referee
Blackcaps chances against Aussies.

about as much as martin snedden being voted world's sexiest man